bugmenot

Pidgin plugin

5 posts in this topic

Hey just wondering when a pidgin plugin (www.pidgin.im) will be released. The extra software download is good, but a plugin for this communicator would be even better!!!! No more need to develop a linux client. Whatdday say?

Hey just wondering when a pidgin plugin (www.pidgin.im) will be released. The extra software download is good, but a plugin for this communicator would be even better!!!! No more need to develop a linux client. Whatdday say?

Explain this. What does this have to do with Apex? Maybe I ain't seeing it but isn't this a bit pointless? Secondly what does it have to do with a linux client?

Edited by Mikey

Pidgin is a multi-protocol instant messenger that can handle file transfers and IRC, if a plugin is developed that enables DC++ shares it would negtate the use of another file sharing piece of software and get a linux client.

Ok so once again I ask. What does this have to do with ApexDC++. DC is more then just file transfers. Its a community and alot of things to offer. Also whatever it has to do with a linux client I totally don't understand. I think you don't understand the concept of Direct Connect. Try sharing that amount of files over an instant messenger it don't work. Anyhow I appreciate your idea but I think your off base at what were trying to accomplish. If I am wrong someone please respond and explain what he is wanting.

Edited by Mikey

I was wondering about the same as Mikey, how do these come together, and i can't get it either :)

but while my hyperfast internet connection let me the chance to wonder what could it be about (wondering for a whole minute :D ) .... i found that yes, it would be an interesting plugin to let PMs directed into Pidgin for example ... as usually the client runs minimized on my PC (to save some resources for winamp :P ) and i rarely see PMs ... okay, i know i can request bubbles saying that someone has sent me a PM, but those dissappeare after a while, or after clicking somewhere else ..... so it would be great if the PMs would be directed into a messenger like Pidgin from dc via a plugin, but i guess it doesn't worth the time and energy spent on a project like that ... .and i guess i'm right in this last part at least :crying: