Aztek

API

5 posts in this topic

Hi

I was wondering if it was possible to have an API to ApexDC++ that would make it simple to make some apps to interface with apexdc, and that could be a part (if planned) of making apexdc a service (or at least have that option)

Having an api would make it easy to for example make apps that monitor shows i dl and mark in a excel file "Download Complete" since (me in this case) download a lot with apexdc that would be useful for me...

Even control priorities on files to download a series in the right order (from 101 and up)

come with suggestions and such ;)

Thanks,

Aztek

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_p...mming_interface

Edited by Aztek

At the moment I don't believe there's much to include in any API, if many things become availble for third-party apps to take advantage of we will make some sort of documentation for it.

As I see an appropriate API would be needed minimum for:

a) External control of ApexDC application (start/stop downloads/and so forth)

B) Custom data storage (for example to replace xml containers with some sort of sql database)

c) For a script languages (like LUA and so on; might overlap other needs)

d) Chat/PM processing plugins (for example local abuse filter or chatbot)

As I see an appropriate API would be needed minimum for:

a) External control of ApexDC application (start/stop downloads/and so forth)

:) Custom data storage (for example to replace xml containers with some sort of sql database)

c) For a script languages (like LUA and so on; might overlap other needs)

d) Chat/PM processing plugins (for example local abuse filter or chatbot)

I once experimented with a plugin api, but it was more trouble than worth... FreeLibrary just simply would not work properly, as for script languages... that's never going to happen.

FreeLibrary just simply would not work properly

+ we can pass it - just don't use it, app will release handlers on close

- we can't reload dll at runtime

i suppose it's because we don't use mscrt dll, it's compiled, or sth else - i haven't investigated it a lot :)