Alucard

Skip big files from being shared

8 posts in this topic

A lot of hubs doesn't allow sharing of files larger than ie 1.5GB. I've got a lot of dvd image files in my shared directory which I don't want to move elsewhere. So a feature to skip files larger than a given size would be great.

What do you think?

My opinion is a Definative NO! (not even by option) Those hubs you are in, suck monkey balls. It will only encourage them to ban huge files even more. Everything gets bigger and bigger all the time - games/movies etc. And dont talk about RAR'ing them, i do not want to have my game .iso rared how the f*** will i mount it then. And im sure as hell not gonna have both a rared and unrared version. F*** em! The solution to the "huge file/long slot time takage" is PARTIAL SHARING and not bannage of those files.

how the f*** will i mount it then

You unrar them when you mount them.

But anyways I agree, why don't those hubs allow to share big files? If you don't want to download a big file, then you don't, it's that simple.

And Alucard, if it's a shared directory why don't you want to move them? You could even create a sub folder for them, and don't share that.

Edited by Noctis

Yes and when i unrar them, im not keeping the rar duplicate. Which then menas im keeping the "BIG" file.. Put the rest of the dots together yourselfe!

Are we talking about ORs here? Because I share some, not many of them are games though, but if I like you like a game you can burn its image to a DVD, and still can keep the rar files, or I guess no one is playing a game forever, delete the image after you finished with the game (keeping the rar files meanwhile :(). All depends how much space you have to spare.

1. I dont burn stuff

2. im keeping the 'ready to mount' ISO to share

3. imagine this, im now playing Jade Empire (for the last month or so) this means i have an ISO (6.42GB) and im not keeping a duplicate RAR of another (6.42GB) more or less. and another (6.42GB) for installation. why cant you understand??

6+6+6 No no no! Ill unrar, store the ISO for sharing and mounting and thats it, and whoever dislikes my huge 6.4GB file can [censored]

Huh? Im not. Anyway, this has been talked about for so long, its beginig to annoy me. :P