Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pedja

UTF-8 support

4 posts in this topic

It seems UTF support on forum is not correct or properly set. I have some topics written in cyrillic cut in half.

I guess, database is not set for unicode so SQL server does not know that he must handle character counting strings differently (unicode characters may occupy one or more bytes).

It is also possible that string manipulation functions usedin forum scripts are not unicode aware.

Yes, I noticed too, thank you for the more professional explanation.

@ Staff: :thumbsup:

I'll contact IPS and see if we can get this sorted.

It seems UTF support on forum is not correct or properly set. I have some topics written in cyrillic cut in half.

I guess, database is not set for unicode so SQL server does not know that he must handle character counting strings differently (unicode characters may occupy one or more bytes).

It is also possible that string manipulation functions usedin forum scripts are not unicode aware.

following code is inserted in each page of this site:

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />

but if you observe pages in the browser using for example Russian codepage, you'll see non-readable symbols instead. To see proper symbols you'll need to select Unicode:utf-8 codepage and than navigate through the site with enjoy!

so <meta> tag should be changed OR cut off to solve the problem

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0