pykko

IP not being updated

8 posts in this topic

Hello!

I have a problem with ApexDC++ (both version 0.4 and 1.0 beta2):

Under Settings-> Connection settings I've checked Direct connection and also "Update IP on startup" because I have a dynamic IP address. The problem is that when I open it the IP is not updated and when I click "Get IP address" it gets updated.

But due to this I can't connect using the Active mode... all search and Get file lists are disabled.

Additionally when I click "Check connection" I get the following:

Testing on address 81.***.***.**

Failed to connect on TCP 6195

Connected on UDP 5147

Partial Connection

What can I do? thank you and sorry if it has been posted before.

I've managed to solve it. I've set the same port on both TCP an UDP and now it's working.

The connection checker is not working properly, don't trust it, use www.canyouseeme.org instead, or just test if you can connect to an user.

that's exaclty the problem. I can't connect to any user and Search function doesn't return any result. I should update the IP manually everytime and then to reconnect. :P

that's exaclty the problem. I can't connect to any user and Search function doesn't return any result. I should update the IP manually everytime and then to reconnect. :P

Check "Update IP on Startup" box.

The issue might not be your dynamic IP... Check if you are allowing ApexDC++ in your firewall, or if you have router, visit www.portforward.com for help how to set it up.

I've finally solved the issue. I've downloaded and installed the dynDNS updater program also and now everything works fine. Thanks all!