Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TYRRAM

sorry but

9 posts in this topic

Sorry but ...... I speak my mind. I always have but no one here wants to hear what I have to say because its negative. I didn't get any response when I said good things. Right from the very start when I said I liked the apexdc++s-12 speedmod better why ??? because IT WORKS !!! So whats the point ? I got fired as a tester I kept getting kicked off TGO for some retard reason that I shared installed progs when I wasn't I explained this to op's repeatedly who wouldn't listen etc,etc,etc. I will however say one good thing sidetrack is very helpful. I realize you guys are hard working and if some guy just criticized my work I wouldn't care for him very much but I cant lie. Every release since 0.2.0 has not worked for me and its been a disappointment thats the bottom line. the clients DON'T WORK RIGHT So criticize away. What do you want me to say when the clients DON'T WORK ? Do you want me to come on here and blow sunshine up your asses or do you want the truth ?? and I can't send bug reports or any kind of reports when the client doesn't work. THIS is the report. The apexdc++ 0.1.0 beta 2 client crashes within 60 seconds of opening it has something to do with connection to hubs at start up. When people complain to me about it I set them up with apexdc++s-15 speedmod because it DOESN'T CRASH and yes I realize its a beta but with the release of the 0.4.0 and 0.3.0 the same thing went on it wasn't crashes but other problems and they weren't betas and the speed mod releases s12 s13 s14 didn't have those problems. So some guy in Russia is taking your clients and fixing them and drastically improving them and re-releasing them and the more power to him. Because what it all comes down to is whether or not the clients WORK OR NOT. So happy, happy, joy, joy and sunshine and flowers and all that but .... the clients DON'T WORK. GET IT.

i agree on the first half of you're post....OPs on TGO as so incompetent and blunt,that i stop here with the comment about them...because following words will not be so light about them.

i agree on the first half of you're post....OPs on TGO as so incompetent and blunt,

full of compliments. OP's in TGO are genrelly very helpfull. not all of them are the most experienced but it is an entry point for users new to dc so this can be usefull and these peolpe are complimented by very experinced OP's. I would also say that only one mabey two people are blunt.

If smo is referring to my auto-warnings, I just got sick of finding explorer.exe and so on. And decided to take some steps to do smth FOR, IN FAVOUR OF these users. They do not have a chance in most hubs otherwise. The intelligent ones are understanding and appreciate it. I dare to say that the others better be outside TGO, DC, whateva.

If nobody is referring my auto-raws, pls ignore the above.

Now, mHo about what sux, etc. In my point it was our mistake TYRRAM (curse on me if I referred you for tester, can't remember). IT JUST DOES NOT WORK IS JUST NOT GOOD! Just like when you got tired from your expert Windows skills and decided to try Linux, it took several several days and many posts in this very forum to burn the distro on a Windows box. And such advanced user got our test builds, unable to set them up... SAD. Double sad that you comment TGO OPs, most of whom, unlike you, CAN setup and use the quoted ApexDC++ versions. Oh yeah, and enjoy using them. It might be a hidden IQ test hidden by the devs, who knows? I regret to inform you also that many many many many users are able to set up ApexDC++. In BG we have a saying in such cases: "The fault is in your TV-set". And I will save the public how you, the DC genius, classified the TGO users in a PM with me. Hm, you started it, wth, you called them "stupid".

Regarding the the SMT speed mod, I have said at the very beginning that I like almost all in it, except one or two leechy features (and I don't find even these too dangerous if most users are just so capable :)). Basically, on the other side of the Iron Curtain, therefore in Russia too, people are "trained" by the regime and misery to do miracles even from nothing and for nothing. I repeat, I sincerely regret that SMT is not in our team btw.

Enuf, I am not happy when I have to post in this way, I know it was better to PM this, or don't write it at all. Forgive my sincerity. Look for a poll in Support.

P. S. Damn, in an attempted to find a better medium I escaped from most of the BG forums, and look what happened even here. :)

Hey, TYRRAM, have you read the rules of TGO? (+rules in mainchat, for those who are not perfect ;) also included in MOTD)?

§03 » Don't share installed program files

So if you shared installed program files, you violated the rules... I assume you are a regged user. I don't know if you are referring to me as incompletent/blunt etc., but I always warn regged users, especially for a lighter issue like this, either with !warn or direct PM. Anyways I don't think that OPs in TGO and ApexDC not working are connected... :lol:

Secondly, I made my point about the auto-checking there, since lotta users getting there are completely new to DC and don't have a clue on what's going on... But I am not owner or whatever to enforce anything in the name of my opinion, sorry ^_^

TYRRAM: Do something helpful, stop posting posts that bash everyone. Post some exception reports when the program crashes, tell us how you reproduce the crash. And if it's related to a lot of crashes/bugs already, give us some extra information. Regarding TGO, PM sidetrack and give him some constructive criticism to help him improve it.

If you don't have any extra information then don't fill up the topic by posting the same report like other people have done.

Just wait for another release, try it and see. Speak your mind all you want, but if it doesnt work, report the bugs/crashes properly.

So some guy in Russia is taking your clients and fixing them and drastically improving them and re-releasing them

The following are features that I knwo of that have been added to the "Apex DC++ speed mod":

Added new options to "Favorite Users" page: limit upload speed for user, ignore private messages from user, ban user, etc

The amount of sources you can use per file is drastically increased to something like 100 per file.

To me these features just seem like short term features which we could have fairly easily added ourselves. The reason these features are not in ApexDC++ is because we honestly believe they're wrong and would ahve a detrimental effect on the network. In the short term, they get you a file or two off of public hubs faster sometimes. In the long term you get banned from hubs, and get nothing, the sort of hubs on which you are allowed to continue are the sort where everyone else is using similar clients and you'll be unable to ever get a slot. Think ahead, share files don't just leech them, get invited to decent hubs where you'll get access to a vast amount of files and people will be willing to provide you with a slot upon request.

Please, do not use the word drastically in future, as there are no draastic improvements, at the very most it's drastic changes. The client is fine, it's open source, the developer is open aobut it etc. but when you come here to inform us that there's drastic improvements in it and that all we're doing is making our own client worse I feel rather insulted.

As for the TGO hub, if you have problems with the people who are OPs there (such as me) then feel free not to join. Although closely affliliated with ApexDC++, it is a seperate entity. The people on it are willing to spend their free time trying to help others, no one is making you connect. Again I feel insulted when the people of this hub are called incompetent and said to give "retard reason"s, seeing as I am one of the people on this hub who tries to offer support to people.

Your comments seem to be unjustifiable to me TYRRAM. In the topic you use the word sorry, why? It implies sorrow or regret, neither of which you seem to show. You seem to want a thread to exist which just insults the project, that in itself doesn't show sorrow, you've shown this by making similar posts/threads multiple times, which shows there's no regret.

If you think the speed mod is so drastically improved and we are just making the client less stable then why are you here? Why did you even become a tester for us? I just don't understand, if you've found a more suitable alternative then it would make sense to just use that and not "waste" your time with this project ever again.

Yes indeed, I miss the English calmness and can't compose it so politely.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0