TYRRAM

new beta 2

6 posts in this topic

Hey, I haven't been here for a while but I have to say Ive uninstalled the apex 1.0.0. beta 2 from my computer because it is impossible to use it crashes within 60 sec of opening. And of course you will all blame my system but I can assure you its not my system every other client works fine. I don't know what you guys are doing wrong but this client is just getting worse with each release. Since 0.3.0 each release is more unstable. I don't know if you are even going to listen anymore to the testers or users and maybe the dev team is surrounded by yes men, I don't know. But I do know most everyone I've talked to on dc++ hubs have little or no use for 0.5.0 or 1.0.0 beta. So thats my last word I won't even bother downloading the next release.

You know maybe you should have patience. It was called a public beta for a reason. They are well aware of the crash bug and have been working to correct it. I know I am running the beta they are working with.. I think maybe you should not be so negative and give it time..There are always bugs with betas thats why its called a beta and not a final release.

Lee, Crise and the other coders keep up the good work ....hopefully maybe this poor user will get over it.

lol...well in DC clients,there are always bugs,so get used to it ! :D

But I do know most everyone I've talked to on dc++ hubs have little or no use for 0.5.0* or 1.0.0 beta. So thats my last word I won't even bother downloading the next release.

*I have somehow missed the public 0.5.0. But in case there was not such, I am sick of "postmen". :D Please be kindly informed that:

1. The team is not supported by yes men, I am sharply criticizing the release of 1.0.0 in such a way, although I apreciate the try all of us to be surprised. Unfortunately it did not turned to be a nice surprise, sh*t happens.

2. ApexDC++ 0.4.0 runs quite fine, except for smth I have already mentioned as a suspicion, and which has lead to, at least for my PC, to 0.5.x, which is stable as rock on it. Too bad 0.5.x is not likely to be released at all.

3. Forgive me, but from your position, your post... erm, does not look good.

So you download our free 0.3.0 product, and criticise us for the rest of our versions, saying they're shit. I find something morally wrong here. If we were able to produce a stable 0.3.0 and 0.4.0 product, there's no reason why we cannot do the same for 1.0.

Thanks for all the detailed crash and bug reports you PM'ed me with TYRAAM. Shows how much you care about making 1.0 stable.

For the record, that was sarcasm. We listen to our testers, and when you were one of them, there was nothing to listen to at all.

Seems like this will just turn into a lot unconstructive/defensive posts - that not a very good discussion, just going to frustrate people. This thread is locked.

Sad to see this. Was only a short time ago you were testing this client, TYRRAM, now you're just giving up on it due to a problem or two with a release. We're doing the best we can release Beta 3 which should solve all the problems arising, thanks for our testers. If the client is getting worse and worse with each release then we'd appreciated feedback regarding that, so we can improve it...

I wish you the best of luck in what you go on to do, TYRRAM.