Aztek

ApexDC++ 1.0.0B2 Installer

Automaticly close Apex, during installation ?   5 members have voted

1. 1. U want it ?

• YES !
    • no :(

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

Some users in my hub are complaining that there is an error while updating their ApexDC++ 0.4.0 to the new one, and i was wondering if the installer could close the program, NOT kill it, just close it and allow all settings to be saved and stuff, this way the "noob" users could update knowing everything was running smooooothly :)

Just add a new installer page saying "In order to update ApexDC++ your client must be closed, please click YES to the question that ApexDC++ will ask you when you click Next > "

simple ?

btw i love the new version and everything you have done is.... amazing !

Thanks,

What is the problem? Download archive, shutdown ApexDC++, extract EXE and PDB file to Apex directory - overwrite the files. 10 seconds of work.

im talking about users using the setup program, noobs that dont know what "Program Files" is :)

noobs that dont know what "Program Files" is

Noobs should not use DC anyway.

Noobs should not use DC anyway.

i used to be a noob back in the good old days .... but i have to agree with you :)

anyway ... it's really not that difficult, don't think big masses will have problem with this.

Being noob in this case is not about knowledge of what "Program Files" is, or whatever. It's about legality of shared files, the way it can turn back on you.

It's common sense to close a program before updating it. I'll look to place a warning somewhere though.

DC is for noobs too, don't forget our userbase.