Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Executioner

Can someone explain the LIMITS settings?

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure about the settings here in this option, but I do not want people to download from me if they are only getting 5kb/s. I have enabled this option in the LIMITS, but it does not seem to work, or either I'm not selecting the right options. Here is how I have it:

Enable slow download disconnecting - this box is checked

When segmenting downloading only - this box is not checked

Disconnect download if speed is below - 5kb/s

More than - 5 seconds

And whole file speed exceeds - 0

And file size is more than - 0

Remove user from queue if speed is below - 5kb/s

It seems I have it setup correctly, since I do not want people downloading if they can't have a 5kb/s download speed. I'm not sure about the "and whole file speed exceeds" settings. Can someone explain that option?

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure about the settings here in this option, but I do not want people to download from me if they are only getting 5kb/s. I have enabled this option in the LIMITS, but it does not seem to work, or either I'm not selecting the right options. Here is how I have it:

Enable slow download disconnecting - this box is checked

When segmenting downloading only - this box is not checked

Disconnect download if speed is below - 5kb/s

More than - 5 seconds

And whole file speed exceeds - 0

And file size is more than - 0

Remove user from queue if speed is below - 5kb/s

Well you probally havent turned it on :unsure: and I don't say that to be rude. There is a button in the main gui that turns limits on and off, and isn't perhaps intuiative to notice it. I've attached a screen shot with the button circled.

limitbutton.jpg

It seems I have it setup correctly, since I do not want people downloading if they can't have a 5kb/s download speed. I'm not sure about the "and whole file speed exceeds" settings. Can someone explain that option?

As for this, this means if your downloading from several sources (so several people) and the total file speed is above that number and is below what ever other settings you have set they are disconnected. That way, if you have no sources, that person will still conenct to you and you will download from them intill you have sources with better speeds.

Hope this helps

~bigcanuck

AFAIK all of this is for downloading, not uploading and "and whole file speed exceeds" is for max downloading speed so that disconnecting works. (not sure)

For your problem, please do a speed test on some site (Google must have the link I lack now), and also see what happens with both options "Send garbage to... (avoid ISP P2P throttling)" enabled. These are in File>Settings>Advanced.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0