Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AddictedToChaos

A Bunch of Requests

16 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I came up with some new feature requests. Let's go straight to the point.

1. I think it would be very handy if you could define your own shortcuts. Can be done?

2.One other nice feature that could be added is the ability to create quick preferences buttons mostly from options menu so you can make quick options changes.

3. I would like you to add an option to separate uploads and downloads transfers windows. One advantage on this would be that users will observe uploads window less than downloads and so there will be fewer users disconnection from the seeder.

4. Addition of an internal file browser. Very usefull.

5.More detailed properties window on favorite user list such as upload speed, country, upload slots. etc

6.Addition of a panel at the side like opera. I think this would be great feature and if it be combined with my second request will be awesome.

7. Ability to define your own commands on the right click context menu. Wider range than peerweb.

That's it. I'm done. Sorry for so many requests but I gathered the all together.

In the next days I'm going to make a donation for your great effort but I'll have to wait first for my electron visa to be issued. ;)

Hi everyone,

I came up with some new feature requests. Let's go straight to the point.

1. I think it would be very handy if you could define your own shortcuts. Can be done?

2.One other nice feature that could be added is the ability to create quick preferences buttons mostly from options menu so you can make quick options changes.

3. I would like you to add an option to separate uploads and downloads transfers windows. One advantage on this would be that users will observe uploads window less than downloads and so there will be fewer users disconnection from the seeder.

4. Addition of an internal file browser. Very usefull.

5.More detailed properties window on favorite user list such as upload speed, country, upload slots. etc

6.Addition of a panel at the side like opera. I think this would be great feature and if it be combined with my second request will be awesome.

7. Ability to define your own commands on the right click context menu. Wider range than peerweb.

That's it. I'm done. Sorry for so many requests but I gathered the all together.

In the next days I'm going to make a donation for your great effort but I'll have to wait first for my electron visa to be issued. ;)

1. do you mean defining your own /commands, if so i atleast know how to do it for web shortcuts, i'll take a look for other types too though

2. more details? do you mean defining your own shortcuts (ie. ctrl+f)

3. i get your point, but this is still not a top priority (i have quite an exstensive list of stuff to do alredy)

4. "Open own filelist", i don't think other functionality is needed, use win explorer to delete and organize

5. i might have a look on this one though don't see it being useful, details?

gotta go now but will comment on rest of your reguests later...

1. do you mean defining your own /commands, if so i atleast know how to do it for web shortcuts, i'll take a look for other types too though

I'm sorry. I meant hotkeys. For example, to define a hotkey combination for "open own list"

2. more details? do you mean defining your own shortcuts (ie. ctrl+f)

No. I meant to create buttons and place them on toolbar or somewhere else.

3. i get your point, but this is still not a top priority (i have quite an exstensive list of stuff to do alredy)

Ok. :)

4. "Open own filelist", i don't think other functionality is needed, use win explorer to delete and organize

Ok again. :)

5. i might have a look on this one though don't see it being useful, details?

You can add extra columns such as how many upload slots does the user share, his country, his connection speed etc. I know these info can be written in properties box but will look more organized and clearer if are placed in columns. This certainly is not a high priority feature to be added but can be included in future versions, right?

gotta go now but will comment on rest of your reguests later...

Huh, I knew my list would be a waste of time and stamina ;)

I'm sorry. I meant hotkeys. For example, to define a hotkey combination for "open own list"

No. I meant to create buttons and place them on toolbar or somewhere else.

You can add extra columns such as how many upload slots does the user share, his country, his connection speed etc. I know these info can be written in properties box but will look more organized and clearer if are placed in columns. This certainly is not a high priority feature to be added but can be included in future versions, right?

Huh, I knew my list would be a waste of time and stamina ;)

1. maybe, don't know yet, but no promises

2. don't happen, the toolbar imaging would be messed up (unless i redo it), besides how do you think these buttons could be created by user, more details?

5. taking a look into it, sooner or later

then the remaining reguests:

6. what would this panel have in it exactly, as i think this is not so important? (still a nice idea though)

7. alredy there (usercommands) and the posibilities are quite extensive imo.

ps: i'd consider the todo list for 1.0 frozen for now, so don't get disappointed if these don't end up in 1.0. Note the public todo list is not the final one, the final todo listing is far more extensive, as some of you know :)

1. maybe, don't know yet, but no promises

2. don't happen, the toolbar imaging would be messed up (unless i redo it), besides how do you think these buttons could be created by user, more details?

5. taking a look into it, sooner or later

then the remaining reguests:

6. what would this panel have in it exactly, as i think this is not so important? (still a nice idea though)

7. alredy there (usercommands) and the posibilities are quite extensive imo.

ps: i'd consider the todo list for 1.0 frozen for now, so don't get disappointed if these don't end up in 1.0. Note the public todo list is not the final one, the final todo listing is far more extensive, as some of you know :)

First of all, I want to be cleared that I don't "demand" neither expecting any of these requests to be done :). I just loved your PeerWeb project and as I saw a simple p2p becoming something far beyond its capabilities, I'm trying to contribute in the building of a much greater p2p (even greater from PeerWeb!) and I'll prove this also by making donations (not just one :D ) in advance of your efforts (I mean this,just give me some time.I'm facing with some problems with PayPal ;) ).

Now,

2.Ok. If it's too difficult to be constructed then I agree. (1) But, I believe that giving the opportunity to define your own hotkeys is very usefull feature in order to make fast adjustments :) Anyway, It's up to you guys.

5. Thanks :D

6. I haven't anything in my mind, but could be placed usefull stuff there.

7.Aha. Personally, I didn't find anything tha suites me but I know that the range of commands is pretty wide.

... I just loved your PeerWeb project and as I saw a simple p2p becoming something far beyond its capabilities ...

do you really think that we made so much advancment, as i didn't never thought that we did something that major. Thanks for the positive feedback anways...

7.Aha. Personally, I didn't find anything tha suites me but I know that the range of commands is pretty wide.

what would you want to be able to do with usercommands then? ;)

do you really think that we made so much advancment, as i didn't never thought that we did something that major. Thanks for the positive feedback anways...

Yes, I really do ;) . My credits also go to StrongDC++ developer whose mod client is the base of yours.

what would you want to be able to do with usercommands then? :)

Well, I can't think something right now but I want to add simple commands for more convinient use.

When I find what I want to add, I'll inform you :)

But it would be nice if i could launch my file from my list (i mean songs or movies) like it happens for file just downloaded in "finished downloads"

As far as showing the GeoLocation and User info, I use it quite a bit, so I know the regional areas that most of my users are from so that I can make sure that we have ops online, during the Major Portion of the Awake Time for the users.. If that info helps Crise.. it helps me to determine the regions that I am getting the most usrs from.

As for the buttons or shortcuts (I dont care which) But having a command shortcut in PWDC or Apex, or a button where I can "Open Own Filelist" would be a big help, seldom do I use the menu system, I use the toolbar far more. but dont have the option to open list, either via keyboard shortcuts or via a button on the toolbar.. Maybe this is an example of what he was referring to?

As for the buttons or shortcuts (I dont care which) But having a command shortcut in PWDC or Apex, or a button where I can "Open Own Filelist" would be a big help, seldom do I use the menu system, I use the toolbar far more. but dont have the option to open list, either via keyboard shortcuts or via a button on the toolbar.. Maybe this is an example of what he was referring to?

Yes. Something like that. Many functions don't have shortcuts and you can only use them through the menu panel.

i think all the actions in the menu should be on the toolbar so everyone can choose the ones to keep on it.

i think all the actions in the menu should be on the toolbar so everyone can choose the ones to keep on it.

this will never happen, at least not as long as toolbar imaging is done the way it's done now, and i'm not planning on redoing it at least not anytime soon :w00t:

this will never happen, at least not as long as toolbar imaging is done the way it's done now, and i'm not planning on redoing it at least not anytime soon :w00t:

Heh, it would be nice if you could just choose the toolbar icons from files which contained icons.. if that makes any sense? It is fair enough though to not want to do that, I'd have no idea how to do it, you may not, and even if you did it would may not be worth the effort just for this relatively small feature.

Heh, it would be nice if you could just choose the toolbar icons from files which contained icons.. if that makes any sense? It is fair enough though to not want to do that, I'd have no idea how to do it, you may not, and even if you did it would may not be worth the effort just for this relatively small feature.

Greg, you alredy can use your own tb icons, and they can contain any ammount of icons in them ;)

but still this feature ain't happening as i'd need to add huge ammount of tb buttons, and the solution you suggested wouldn't solve all of the probs :)

Hmm... well if what I was thinking of is possible then I think it would be enough really. You'd just need a bland/random icon for new icons which were added and then let peole change them to custom ones from there. I don't mean that the user can only use icons you package with ApexDC++, I mean normal .ICO files and such.

Hmm... well if what I was thinking of is possible then I think it would be enough really. You'd just need a bland/random icon for new icons which were added and then let peole change them to custom ones from there. I don't mean that the user can only use icons you package with ApexDC++, I mean normal .ICO files and such.

unfortunetly no .icos, bmp's have to cut it (even though they suck in size and transparency)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0