ifmn

"Experts only" settings explained

7 posts in this topic

please feel free to edit this :)

"Experts only" settings explained

• Webserver settings:

• Port - port number for the webserver.
    • User - username for the webserver.
    • Password - password for your nickname.

• "Shutdown Action" - the action to be performed when the "shutdown computer" button in apex is engaged.
  • "timeout" - time to wait after pressing the button to perform the given action (in seconds).

• "Rollback" - bytes to redownload if corruption in a download occurs.
  • "Write buffer size" - how many kBs need to be downloaded so it is written to harddisk.
  • "Socket read size" - how many bytes are read from socket at once.
  • "Socket write size" - how many bytes are written to socket at once.

• "Max Hash speed" - maximum hash speed (in MB/s).
  • "PM History" - how many lines of chat from log history to show in a PM window.
  • "Max. compression level" - maximum zlib compression level in a transfer.
  • "Auto refresh time" - time to auto refresh your filelist.
  • "Dwnld attempts/second" - maximum download attempts per second.
  • "Max tab rows" - maximum tab rows to be shown, if exceeded, tabs will open in the background.
  • "Search history" - maximum search queues to remember
  • "Minimum search interval" - minimum time to wait between 2 searches (so there's no search spam).
  • "Max sources to match" - maximum number of filelists which Apex will download for automated match queue.
  • "Max sources for autosearch" - maximum number of sources a file already has before Apex won't autosearch for the file.

• "Transferlist double click action" - self explanatory.
  • "Chat double click on user action" - self explanatory.
  • "Userlist double click action" - self explanatory.

"Max sources for autosearch" - i don't know what this is for

imo the max number of sources, to which Apex will try to connect, when it matches smth from the queue... But pls smo to confirm.

"Max sources for autosearch" - i don't know what this is for

imo the max number of sources, to which Apex will try to connect, when it matches smth from the queue... But pls smo to confirm.

I would have thought it'd be something like the maximum number of sources a file already has before Apex will not autosearch for the file. In other words, if a file has that number or more sources, Apex will not automatically search for more? Not totally sure though, but presume that's what it is.

I would have thought it'd be something like the maximum number of sources a file already has before Apex will not autosearch for the file. In other words, if a file has that number or more sources, Apex will not automatically search for more? Not totally sure though, but presume that's what it is.

Yes, you are right. And "Max sources for match queue" is the maximum number of filelists which Apex will download for match queue if "Automatically match queue for auto search hits" is checked ("Queue" page).

Reminder: Crise, you were going to edit them :)

yes yes, i just sorta forgot :)

I have noticed a new one - Max. resize lines. wt...? ;)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0