Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zlobomir

Smarter filelist download

4 posts in this topic

Being an OP in several hubs with autochecking FL on, I notice the following:

1. I can't make my protected prefixes to work, and I keep to download from VIPs and etc. Please paste me here a working example with the use of * and ; , thanks in advance. :)

2. The actual idea - for OPs, who are in a network, say in TAN - many hubs with plenty one and the same users. Each time my connection drops me, I start to download loads of FLs and eventually piss off many, many people. Since the OPs have the IP, share and nick info, I suggest the FL to be downloaded only once per user, and if smth is wrong, to be reported in all the hubs, in which the user is in. Sorry if this is so already...

3. An option "Do not download FL if downloaded X days/hours or less" or smth like this. I imagine this one like another xml or a section in the existing ones, with the following info - user nick, user IP, user share, even FL TTH, last downloaded. And even "Download if TTH is different".

Excuse if these ideas are difficult or stupid, but imo will be very useful for most OPs, and in fact not very difficult. And with the unknown status of the OP version, why not do it now? :)

For your VIPs, use this:

*VIP*;

Also for the filelists, to get the TTH of a FL, you have to connect to the user,so if you ask me the same (determining weather the FL has changed) can be achieved by checking the exact size of the filelist, you don't have to connect to anyone.

I think the ideas are not stupid, they can be useful for OPs, but they are difficult.

2. The actual idea - for OPs, who are in a network, say in TAN - many hubs with plenty one and the same users. Each time my connection drops me, I start to download loads of FLs and eventually piss off many, many people. Since the OPs have the IP, share and nick info, I suggest the FL to be downloaded only once per user, and if smth is wrong, to be reported in all the hubs, in which the user is in. Sorry if this is so already...

Oh, yes, and it is also quite annyoing when you the user just reconnects, for example, after changing nicks. It would be also good, that 'check on join' could be turned on/off per each hub, already told this to Crise, but there's a glitch actually implementing it. :):(

And about the prefixes... you either use wildcards ===> a question mark for a single character, and and asterix for more (any) character (for example in TGO: [Apex-VIP]* should be enough, I'm not sure if it is case sensitive, in zK++ it is, but this is ApexDC++ forum :P), and you need to separate them with semicolons in Apex ; ; ;

Or you can use RegExp but that is more complicated, wildcards are fine and working ;)

(thanks to Crise for the help with these)

Edited by Greg

Oh, yes, and it is also quite annyoing when you the user just reconnects, for example, after changing nicks. It would be also good, that 'check on join' could be turned on/off per each hub, already told this to Crise, but there's a glitch actually implementing it. :P:(

And about the prefixes... you either use wildcards ===> a question mark for a single character, and and asterix for more (any) character (for example in TGO: [Apex-VIP]* should be enough, I'm not sure if it is case sensitive, in zK++ it is, but this is ApexDC++ forum :P), and you need to separate them with semicolons in Apex ; ; ;

Or you can use RegExp but that is more complicated, wildcards are fine and working ;)

(thanks to Crise for the help with these)

You can exclude hubs from the check on join at present Noctis :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0