Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jodeaal

upload incomplete items

9 posts in this topic

Hey,

I've changed recently from dc++ to apexdc++.

When i download a files, instantly it is free to share with other users.

Even when it is not yet completed.

I find this not good because

1. it slows down my downloads

2. when i want to stop or delete the file after a while, it is nessecairy to close down apexdc++ otherwise the file is linked and can not be deleted or changed.

Is there a possibility to stop this action in the "settings"menu and just share files that are complete?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Jod. ;)

no, it doesn't slow you downloads, but it makes it faster, because

a) you MUST upload in every situation, because you wouldn't able to download (it doesn't matter what you upload)

:) this also happen for other users, so you can download another chunks of the file from these users, so you have more sources ;)

you can disable it by disabling multisource downloading

...and moreover, we do not like leechers!

...and moreover, we do not like leechers!

Zlobomir, I ain't leeching, i give some GIG's to upload permanently (and no rubbish to fill the amount but good stuff),

but i don't like uploading when the downloading is not yet finish.

Did say that i've changed from passive to active user also?

End of the line. ;)

Anyway, thanks for the answers.

Jod.

Oh well, But as BM explained to you, you gain from uploading before completion of download, and if we succeed to put back the TBI's code, you will gain even more...

Oh well, But as BM explained to you, you gain from uploading before completion of download, and if we succeed to put back the TBI's code, you will gain even more...

Putting back the TBI's code??? I can't follow, please explain more in detail. What the f*ck is the TBI's code and where is it good for?

Thanks in advance.

Jod. :)

Zlob: it's there in 0.4.0...

And yes "Super-seeding" code is same as TBI's code, that name is not quite exact though so that's why the quotes :)

When The "SuperSeeding" or TBI's code, is able to implement, which only happens with multple users, "seeding" a file, or sharing part of the file. then the speeds are tremendously faster, but in the event that you turn off multisourcing, then this function will NOT be able to work, thus it would look like your speeds are dropping. it will verify the segment, then share the segment its already finished with someone else, VERY nice feature of Apex.. Thanx to crise, and TBI and many more that worked on that part of the project!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0