some things I would hope to see

5 posts in this topic

File preview

automatically search users with free slots

tabs at side (as in sababa)

refine search results

web window (as in sababa)

automatically grant slot to whoever you download from

get mp3 info, or even better when searching for a file, and get multiple hits, the ability to see the encoding.

M

File preview

automatically search users with free slots

tabs at side (as in sababa)

refine search results

web window (as in sababa)

automatically grant slot to whoever you download from

get mp3 info, or even better when searching for a file, and get multiple hits, the ability to see the encoding.

M

File preview (alredy is there)

automatically search users with free slots (alredy is there)

tabs at side (as in sababa) (i'll look in to making this an option)

refine search results (search filter serves same purpose)

web window (as in sababa) (this will never happen)

automatically grant slot to whoever you download from (perhaps, would be an option obiviously)

(it was there in pwdc, but BM removed it from SDC (in version that is currently under development) because lack of use, if you can convince me this feature would be used, i might re-add it later)

added my opinions in bold

automatically grant slot to whoever you download from (perhaps, would be an option obiviously)

(it was there in pwdc, but BM removed it from SDC (in version that is currently under development) because lack of use, if you can convince me this feature would be used, i might re-add it later)

Thanks for responding.

M

Hi. I'm at a loss as to when you or whoever would know when i would be looking at the encoding of a file.

Maybe I didn't explain my request well enough.

Let's say I look for a file.

in results you get such things as "type" slot" "size" etc etc. I'm looking for an addional result called something like "encoding"

Would it be used. I think so. I know that there are people who wouild prefer to download the same song at

320 kbs than at 128 kbs. No, I'm not one of them. I'd go for the lower one.

M

I'm also for it. If lack of use means that only some 10% or even 3% of the users aclually use the feature? Well, for this reason we must discontinue fire extinguishers. :)

Generally, if smth is going to be useful to smo, without being an obstacle for another person, it should be present... It is really ugly to download a diskography (one of the strong sides of DC) and to find later that songs are with different bitrate. What is worse, the mistake is further multiplied by the people who download from you, if you do not maintain your library in top shape.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0