Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WAJIM

[Leak] Apex 0.2.2/0.3.0/0.4.0/sDC2.03

10 posts in this topic

1. We have the machine with videoadapter ATI Radeon 9x00/Xx00/X1x00 with any drivers (Catalyst 5.11 to 6.12 or Omega, Windows XP SP2/2003 SP1 x86).

2. We load anyone packing of emotions.

2. We press the button of an insert of emotions about 30-60 times.

3. We receive black squares instead of emotions in in a window and huge glitches with the interface.

Please remove this outflow of memory! :crying:

There is no difference in that, I click on this button frequently or not. The amount of the clicks is important! In the task manager of the increase in memory of process after each pressing is visible!

By the way appeared, that a problem not çàâàèñò from model of a videocard (Nvdia/ATI).

Hm, a similar thing happened before with UMD chat. It was literally taking as much RAM as Doom 3 upon using emotikons, AFAIK and AFAIR the author changed the place/way emotions are handled/stored.

Home of UMD chat: http://www.umdgroup.com.ua/

Er, I can't confirm the leak...

It occurs to all packages of emotions which are included in distribution pack of ApexDC! Nerdcore (Black).xml, Nerdcore (Transparent).xml, Nerdcore (White).xml. I did not change a paths to files!

We had an ICQ session with WAJIM, and yes, unfortunately the bug is present, I reproduced it. It even affects the Settings page and at last the whole GUI, to a degree that Apex can't be used anymore w/o restart. The leak is so major that even a screen shot can't be made...

@WAJIM: I was not blaming you for changing paths. I meant that UMD chat was holding all the smiles in RAM (or smth like that). However in UMD chat there weren't any GUI issues.

Wow, really fast. Congrats! :)

and that's the reason why I've already fixed it :)

Sweet :) though any chance Crise/Lee that there will be a minor update for this? not that I don't think it's a major thing, but here's a screen shot of it too :)

memoryleak.jpg

EDIT:: Usually it uses around 5,000 or so doing normal activites :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0