Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oddball420

PeerGuardian2 and Apexdc PeerGuardian plugin problem

16 posts in this topic

Here's the deal I'm running pg2 while i have pgp for apex installed but when i go to settings the peer guardian box is cannot be selected but when i shut down pg2 i can select pgp options. The problem i use the pgp to block leechers and spammers while pg2 blocks big bad wolves. I would just load the anti p2p and governments into the pgp but apex takes forever to load all of it. so any suggestions or fixes would be very helpful. thanks.

If you run PeerGuardian you don't need the plugin, thus it's disabled...

Edit: and for me the PGP works (and loads) just fine with anti-p2p list (6,5 mb roughly, being the level 1 list from bluetack), w/o much speed decrease... when i tested this.

Hey, can I ask for a separate file ? Opening the -now 7.06 MB- file is getting annoying.

Just add a separate guarding.txt ! It would speed things up quite a bit.

Or am I in the wrong section ? Feature Requests, mabey ?

Or am I in the wrong section ? Feature Requests, mabey ?

Done! :whistling:

well you see we sort of can't have guarding.txt... but in any way guarding.p2p is just a text file in the end... so it wouldn't even make any difference :whistling:

It takes like 30-45 seconds to open the file (at least on a AMD AthlonXP 1.800 Mhz CPU) - not to meantion the time it takes to SAVE the file... This is a bit frustrating for me as the list keeps getting bigger with every week. So a "custom" ban IP list with only the manually added IP's would be great.

By the time I add the IP and save the 7+ MB file, go to Settings and click Reload List then close the user's connection, the upload will be completed.

Mabey some right click option on the country flag or progressbar ? Like:

User Commands -> Block uploads to this IP

User Commands -> Block uploads to this IP with the following message: <and this is where you're prompted for a custom message - something like "My mom said you can't have anything I'm sharing" or "Insult my mom and you get none :stuart:" - or similar ;)>

Blocking individual users is not what this feature is for... so i see it fulfilling it's purposes as it is :stuart:

What if the user deserves it ? Ignoring PM's is just not enough...

If it's something he has said or something that he shares, reporting to hub operators should be enough :whistling:

Sometimes OPs dont care... (I even have been threatened to be banned from an OP if i dont give slot or leave a hub :whistling: )

Although blocking is bad some motherf***ers really deserve it :stuart: (I only have blocked only such 3 persons)

I once blocked a lamer using proxys :whistling: He was trying to leech something like crazy BY ALL MEANS NECCESSARY even if it meant for him downloading bits (just a little under 1kb/s) ! So I banned about 9-10 "IP Hider" IPs ! Am I gonna go to hell for this ? Probably not... But I do feel better now.

The piont is that this sould be done instantly and effecively. If I practice alot and get my timing right, I can "ban IP" someone in about a minute or so. That's not fast enough... Therefore the need of a separate .txt file only with the custom added IPs !

I can't update blocklist. I get this messge

pg.jpg

It seems that www.apexdc.net/pg-update/guarding.p2p realy does not exist.

Yeah it doesn't because bluetack moved that list to coral cache servers and our cron job doesn't like to get it from there...

Yeah it doesn't because bluetack moved that list to coral cache servers and our cron job doesn't like to get it from there...

Link to coral cache? :P

So is there some other place where I can get guarding.p2p ??

The plugin is completly useless with out-of-date blocklist.

New version of Apex still have the default path linked to http://www.apexdc.net/updater/ but the guarding.p2p file IS NOT THERE ;) :crying:

Where can I get one? Where, where, where?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0