Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roadking2003

Passive User

7 posts in this topic

I posted this in another section, sorry.

I am connected as Direct Connection yet when I try to download I get the message at the bottom of the screen that a passive user cannot download from another passive user. What's up? Thanks

Well, assuming that you have read the guides and set up Apex properly, please give more details like what you were downloading (file list or file, don't be concrete), is this happening in all hubs with all users or only sometimes on some hub/s?

Well, assuming that you have read the guides and set up Apex properly, please give more details like what you were downloading (file list or file, don't be concrete), is this happening in all hubs with all users or only sometimes on some hub/s?

I was using PeerWeb DC++ and assumed that since this program was to be the replacement I used the same PC settings as with PeerWeb which worked just fine. But after reading the responses and the knowledge needed to setup APex I will go back to using PeerWeb until the Hubs stop recognizing the commands. I wish you guys luck with the venture. But you need to have the program "idiot" proof where you install and use. Which all I did with PeerWeb was and my shared Folders.

We are and will try in the future to do so, but DC world has changed since PWDC++ days, and as PWDC++ team is here now, I kindly ask you to let us know exactly what we need to improve. Can you point out the hub/s in question? Use PM if they are private.

How true Z.. RoadKing.. if you are still having problems. can you give as much detail as possible. Like firewall/router etc.. type of connection and exact error msg. The only way this client can be perfect or even better, is feedback. People taking the time to test, and try.. even with all the testers, some things are bound to be missed. If we find a pattern forming, then we can sort through the code, and fix. but since there are so many different configurations possible. its very hard at times..

ApexDC++ is so much easier to get into active mode than any other DC++ client out there.

1. Press "Get IP Address" and enable "Auto Update IP on startup".

2. Enter ports, port forward correctly if required.

3. Press "Check connection" to see if it works.

Whereas with PeerWeb DC++, you couldnt receive an external IP address from the Get IP function.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0