bigcanuck

per hub customization

29 posts in this topic

FL will be generated in settings directory when needed (use File >> Open own file list to force it's creation). 40K files would generate around 1,5MB FL?

That would be around correct yes. Though I think with generating multiple filelist system won't be a huge problem. You only need the one has table right. So like you'll have your full filelist (whatever it is) and then you can just have a 2nd filelist which essentially has pointers to the correct hash index. So when a user calls your filelist lets call it filelist B Apex will look at the call and say it's coming from hub B so use list B. Then while using list B it'll simply go. list B contains said item indexs, return items from index in List A( your general list )

Why do you even worry about the FL size ? Is 1MB (or 10) such a waste of space for you ? If you don't want second filelist don't use it...You should worry about the tech. side of adding this feature - I guess it'll take much coding and thats way i ain't sure if it'll be implemented at all.

Little explanation about how Apex can hash the files (its like bigcanuck suggested)

1.When a filelist is refreshed it should check is the file thats going to be hashed already in the GHI//General Hash Index//This can be done by comparing the file path...

1a.If its hashed add the hash for it and go to the next file.

1b.If its not hashed - hash it in the GHI and then go to point 1.

There also should be a function to clean up the files in the GHI that ain't used.

And more, since later on I discovered how to "generate" my FL (1 162KB), it means that f. ex. 50MB will be used only if 5 users ask simultaneously the 5 different "versions" of your share. And after they Dd it, the space is regained... Or at least we should be able to do it in tat way.

5-6MB in Your case. Probably much less then hashindex + hashdata.

FL size isn't a problem here... but the actual implementation of generating and distributing them.

Although I write all this - it's definitely not my top REQ. I wonder why devs keep saying that it's possible only on ADC. Maybe it would simply be easier or they plan to implement it some other, simple way. If so I wouldn't really force them...