Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
twirlerz

[CRASH]

10 posts in this topic

I'm running win xp media 2003 & apex version 0.3.0

when I try to add 2 different drives to shares, that are on an adeptec sata raid card, apex crashes system. They are in JBOD & not a raid configuration

when in setting, sharing, when drive is selected initial window pops up that asked how others will see dirctory but then never hashes, nor adds to shares. simply get hourglass & system is non responsive.

these drives are in great working order as I can access them, move & add files using windows. I had first thought I had bad or wrong driver. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

these drives have been shared on peerweb with success.

any help appreciated & I hope I did this correctly

thanks,

twirlerz@yahoo.com

I'm running win xp media 2003 & apex version 0.3.0

when I try to add 2 different drives to shares, that are on an adeptec sata raid card, apex crashes system. They are in JBOD & not a raid configuration

when in setting, sharing, when drive is selected initial window pops up that asked how others will see dirctory but then never hashes, nor adds to shares. simply get hourglass & system is non responsive.

these drives are in great working order as I can access them, move & add files using windows. I had first thought I had bad or wrong driver. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

these drives have been shared on peerweb with success.

any help appreciated & I hope I did this correctly

thanks,

twirlerz@yahoo.com

Can you post the crash log? That'd probably help :)

Can you post the crash log? That'd probably help :)

hmm, don't know where that is.

looked in apex folder under logs & didn't see anything

hmm, don't know where that is.

looked in apex folder under logs & didn't see anything

when apex crashes it creates a exceptioninfo.txt file, well hopefully anyway. :)

well if it did, I can't seem to find it

think maybe step back to peer or strong that or buy bigger drives & do away with raid card set up

Isn't it connected with SDC++ 2.0? Peerweb is based on previous version. Could you please try with DC++ 0.674, Strong DC++ RC9 or RC10, SDC 2.0, and report results?

Edited by Zlobomir

Isn't it connected with SDC++ 2.0? Peerweb is based on previous version. Could you please try with DC++ 0.674, Strong DC++ RC9 or RC10, SDC 2.0, and report results?

Ok, I installed Strong DC RC10, went to setting, sharing and selected those drives set up on raid.

Got the name under which others will see drive, & then got the creating file index.

for both drives, no problem no lock ups

entered hub I use & all seems fine.

Didn't do anything different with set up. opps sorry, I did remained passive on strong. that is only difference & I didn't re-share drives I have shared on apex

Well, now it's up to the coders I think. Good job. :D If you have time, try with SDC++ 2.0, so we can warn BM about the issue.

Edited by Zlobomir

Well, now it's up to the coders I think. Good job. :D If you have time, try with SDC++ 2.0, so we can warn BM about the issue.

I couldn't find a link to d/l that.

got a url?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0