Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mjolnir

Already in hub connection problem

5 posts in this topic

Whenever I try to connect to a specific hub I get the following message

[21:49:28] *** Connected

[21:49:28] <UonDC> This Hub is running version 0.9.8c (Tue Mar 8 11:00:00 CET 2005) of VerliHub (RunTime:1days 2hours ).

[21:49:28] <UonDC> This hub is enhanced by plugman for Verlihub.

[21:49:29] <UonDC> You are already in the hub.

[21:49:29] *** Connection closed

anyone any ideas?

1; Your nickname has 'sticked' into the hub because the lag. Wait a minute, then reconnect.

2; Somebody is online on the hub with the same nickname. Change nick and reconnect.

No matter what I change my nick to I still get the same problem, perhaps I'm doing something wrong, I change my nick through the settings. Any more help would be most appreciated

cheers

No matter what I change my nick to I still get the same problem, perhaps I'm doing something wrong, I change my nick through the settings. Any more help would be most appreciated

cheers

It could also be connection lag. I quite often get the same problem when I'm trying to connect to a hub outside of my campus network. It'll connect, and then after a while it just lags out and disconnects. My suggestion would be to try on a different computer if you could from a differnet connection (or just a different connection if you happen to be using a laptop) and see if it is just lap on your connection part. Also, is it all hubs? or just a picituclar one? if so it could be that that hub is just too far to connect to without large amounts of lag.

If it's a hub you have in your favorites list, you may want to try changing your nick there (right click, edit or properties or whatever).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0