Mikhail

"The target machine (My) actively refused it."

20 posts in this topic

(My question addressed to administration of DC++).

Dear administration!

I am "refused" from connection!

Hub write:

"No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it."

What to do?

I affect any rules? Therefore I must be punish?

What I must to do for improve?

Please help me and explane.

Best regards.

Mikhail Shtern.

[Apex-VIP]mmsh(rus).

mmsh56@yandex.ru

if this is TGO this is one of those extremly rarae occations when it is down (first time i have ever seen thi). if it is another hub it probably down

But can I use (connect) to network or no?

Forget about DC++?

-------------------------------------------------------

Connect!!

I change on "setting" in "general" "connect" to "old DC++" from "default"

Success!

Thank you, Balder.

Best regards.

Mikhail

I change on "setting" in "general" "connect" to "old DC++" from "default"

Success!

Yes, some hubs have problems with the new conn. type (like my local hub).I think it will be good if for default its 'old connection type' , dont you think?

Yes, you are right.

Interesting that in PeerWebDC++ I did't pushing with such problem. Two program (with ApexDC) - twin (as I see).

Yes, you are right.

Interesting that in PeerWebDC++ I did't pushing with such problem. Two program (with ApexDC) - twin (as I see).

Apex is the successor of PWDC. PWDC was just based on older DC++/SDC++ versions, that's why there is not such new settings at all.

2Mikhail

Пиши по-русски проще, с трудом понимаю что не так :)

EDIT: Translation: Write your question in russian, I can't understand what are you asking for :)

Dear Zlobomir,

Please tell if it's possible: why for registration on DC for seach and downloads needs such difficult way.

Without administration I can't achieve my target.

"+Reghelp" - a little, hard help.

Why step-by-step is not exist (manual).

When I exchange my operation system I need from "zero" install Apex or PeerWeb, or StrongDC (russian hub). Each time I needs administration help. It's oblige although your administration very very civilly.

Thanks

Dear Zlobomir,

Please tell if it's possible: why for registration on DC for seach and downloads needs such difficult way.

Without administration I can't achieve my target.

"+Reghelp" - a little, hard help.

Why step-by-step is not exist (manual).

When I exchange my operation system I need from "zero" install Apex or PeerWeb, or StrongDC (russian hub). Each time I needs administration help. It's oblige although your administration very very civilly.

Thanks

Well, the rules and requirements for search and download, and even for entering the hub, are defined by the hub owner (if you speak for our TGO support hub, these are Sidetrack and Tony, they are usually in the hub).

The answer I can provide is that many people need just HELP and do not need to search. And you can get help without registration (I mean read/write in MC and PM). Secondly, the hub is on very heavy load and it just can not handle all the users, if they have search rights by default. And the third reason may be, er, let's say share content-related. People need their privacy. :) Fourth, we try to maintain the hub's content clean so we check the file list of each new member. Without registration you will be able to share any garbage.

About the zero install - just write down your user name and password for each hub. They are stored not only locally on your machine, your account is on the hub unless manually deleted by some OP for some reason.

Edited by Zlobomir

Dear Zlobomir,

I understand that your Center is very seriously organization.

I work in Moscow State University, Department of Chemistry.

Therefore I understand your busy. And I dream that when I change operation system on my comp. or change HD-drive, etc. I should want without you help adjust connection to DC++.

But every time I need help your administration.

So, I wish have manual for independently adjusting program.

But you write, as I understand, that it's impossible.

Best regards.

Mikhail

i am not to sure what you are asking for. could you please explain exactly what infomation is missing from the guide section

Dear Balder,

My question consists in independently adjust program.

I understand that do it without assistent impossible. No exist universal manual.

As far as your reference to common forum, I am losing in rich information because I am chemist and simple USER - no more.

Without assistent administration I can't to put into order my (your) program.

Therefore I carry out small from my needs. Unfortunately.

Best regards.

Mikhail

I think he wants Apex to have a configuration wizard that will ask you for each(or most of the settings) and it will explain it to you.Maybe one weekend (when im free) ill make a complete direct connect guide.

Actually, once Apex is set up, you need just to copy a backup to your D: drive or a CD or whatever. After a new Windows install (which btw happens often to simple users :) ) copy "Apex DC++" folder back to Program Files. Next, make a shortcut from from the exe to the Desktop. Apex does not need install, and this will work for all releases, except that there is some really great change. If you need to upgrade, just replace the old *.exe and *.pdb with the new ones.

2 Balder: He probably needs the guides in Russian.

Edited by Zlobomir

I understand (a little) but must remember your counsel. Thank you.

Dear Zlobomir,

Nata ask me help forum for resolve my problem. (Small problem, but if can to do with one somthing will be better).

It consists in: I fined file. Then downloads it. In bottom arise line "connecting..." or proseed download.

But if I want abort connection, or download, (right mouse "close connection") - zero reaction. If I right mouse "remove user from queue" disappear connection line, but after reboot program appear agane. I affraide that "remove user from queue" remove me user forever.

What to do?

Quotation Nata is: "you can send a PM to any of apex-support OPs, asking them exactly the same way like you've asked here, in main chat [18:46:25] <[OP]Nata> and you can also ask OP Cheers, who just logged on".

Best regards

Mikhail

If You want to stop downloading a file You must remove it from the 'Download Queue".To do that just click at the "Download Queue" icon in the toolbar (hold your mouse over each icon to see what's it about), then select the file(or the folder) You dont want to download , right click at it and select "Remove".