Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CrYnEsS

Users IP adresses

10 posts in this topic

Hey,

my question is: is there any possible way i can see the IPs of all of the users without using the 'ctrl+a;Get File List' thingy, and can the dc client check the IP of the user when he connects and show it in the IP column without me having to get the file list of the user

Any ideas? :)

Yes if the hub chooses to allow you to access them otherwise (hub operators/admins may have access to them, but regular users usually don't)

Thanx for the reply,

However if the client can't request these IP's is there any way DC to connect to every single user and get them (i don't mean getting the file list, cause it will really slow down the process, just some part. connection, to check on the IP)

and if this cant be done is a /whois manual search of the users possible, (when you type '/whois [iP]' or sth like that, and it shows you the users using this IP) or is this a OPers favor too??

Why do you need to get the IP of every single user? (assuming that you're not an operator)

Well I don't know if it's just me, but I've always liked to know everything ^^ (u can call me weird :) )

It sure is useful to know when someone's adding clonez, or which ppl are using the same IP in case you block someone, or if you need to find someone and you dont know his/er nickname, u can always check on the IP.. and so on, and so on

it is useful in many kind of ways.. ppl will agree with me.. i think :P

So, is it possible or no? :D

most hubs have $userip now, this sends you their IP address which can be viewed in the IP column of the client. operators are usually set to get the IP address, non-ops arent. this is a hub thing, cant change that. you can however, modify the source to show the IP address in the transfer view, allow copy IP, show IP when you check a user using the client detector thingy. isOP() or somethign to that effect will be in an if statement.

I think I found a way :) . Just make sure Apex cant write anything into the "<ApexDir>/Settings/Filelists" dir.You can encrypt it and that way apex will give u error when trying to open the file list("Could not open target:Access is denied").But that way u must decrypt the folder everytime u wanna really open a filelist(or have 2 instances of apex).

Hope I helped....

EDIT:I though that 'check user on join' was a fuction which downloads every new user's filelist so it can check it for fakeshare(or if he doesnt disconnect me).Sorry for that.But you can still download every user's filelist manually :) .

it will be very useful

Why do you need to get the IP of every single user?
i want to know nickname in DC, when people email me, chat in icq or disclosure their ip's somehow else. another reason is to warn users, infected with inet-worms, annoying me with firewall alerts. also blame those, who uses nukes and etc

possible implementaion is to send $RevConnectToMe to all active users and $ConnectToMe to all passive, then collect ips from answers (not actually connecting in first case and closing port in second)

possible implementaion is to send $RevConnectToMe to all active users and $ConnectToMe to all passive, then collect ips from answers (not actually connecting in first case and closing port in second)

which causes hub overload

which causes hub overload

Why care? The hub is either yours, either strong enough, or you just get kicked. No harm for others. ^_^

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0