Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
curse

New release?

39 posts in this topic

Open svn and public betas ;). So, as many OS projects do.

Open svn is out of question, as has been said earlier in this topic... and what comes to public betas, they are not likely to happen (I'm not saying we won't be having any public betas, but for now until otherwise stated, things stay as they are)

A drop in the ocean...

You prefer getting nothing instead?

I meant, that univ is cool, yes, but not so big argument to me. Furthermore, Lee is a coordinator, not coder, isn't he?

Please read my post(s) again, you have managed to mis the point once again...

As for me, I found it strange, that creating a mod of a mod is more popular than contributing and getting envolved... Something's wrong here at that point...

I see nothing wrong with it, as long as the "mod of a mod" actually does something that makes difference...

There you can read WHY people do not read such posts and HOW to make them read! Unfortunelly, can't recommend you any title, because I doesn't know where proper name in english.

Now why should I spent my time studying about stuff, when i can be perfectly happy with the current system, and ensure that there is no complaints this way ;)

I'm not saying "MUST", but "COULD YOU PLEASE?".

And an answer to that question has already been given :)

maybe you said "Could you please", but from the content of your posts flows that we must, because you want it, so write your own client with public CVS.

Open svn and public betas ;). So, as many OS projects do.

Like we've already mentioned... we don't want to open the cvs, people will take code from us before we've released our official versions (this is not the only reason, as stated above). We're not an OS project. We do not need to open the svn for developers to show us what they can do. ;)

Furthermore, Lee is a coordinator, not coder, isn't he?

Yes, which is why Crise is so bogged down in stuff I used to do, he hasn't got as much time to code. Which if the svn was open, you'd realise that there's nothing new for days, and you'd complain about that instead of this.

We don't mind constructive criticism, but don't reply back asking to open the svn: we're not.

Argh, my english is still much imperfect ;).

Open svn and public betas
I meant "They have open svn and public betas, and you have none of this". I'm not asking you to open your svn for public as soon as possible, just wondering why won't you do this.

You prefer getting nothing instead?

Prefer getting more instead :)

Please read my post(s) again, you have managed to mis the point once again...
I got that you and other coders doesn't have much free time.

I see nothing wrong with it, as long as the "mod of a mod" actually does something that makes difference

But I do. Why we haven't so many forks of miranda-im, jimm, filezilla and other popular opensource software. I'd better write a plugin or contribute code or, at least, send a detailed bug report to authors, rather than creating of new software. So, I've sent bug reports to miranda-im forums, I've made contrubitions to jimm project, but in case of DC I'm feeling that creating of a new client is not so bad idea... And I find this wrong.

Now why should I spent my time studying about stuff, when i can be perfectly happy with the current system, and ensure that there is no complaints this way
I would recommend you read it in any case, because it is interesting and helps in easy-to-use UI design. I've read a some articles and a book, which took about 1 day of reading, but i'm not sorry for the lost time :)

maybe you said "Could you please", but from the content of your posts flows that we must, because you want it

Excuse me for my bad english, sometimes I cannot line up proper intonation or turn of speech, so my posts might be rude.

Furthermore, you're developing another client and I'm not asking you to open your cvs or public more betas. So you may sleep easily.

We're not an OS project

OS = OpenSource in this case ;).

Argh, my english is still much imperfect ;).

I meant "They have open svn and public betas, and you have none of this". I'm not asking you to open your svn for public as soon as possible, just wondering why won't you do this.

Few reasons have been mentioned in this topic already...

Prefer getting more instead :)

Hey! I didn't give such option ;)

I got that you and other coders doesn't have much free time.

You got that right :)

but in case of DC I'm feeling that creating of a new client is not so bad idea... And I find this wrong.

Now you managed to confuse me big time...

I would recommend you read it in any case, because it is interesting and helps in easy-to-use UI design. I've read a some articles and a book, which took about 1 day of reading, but i'm not sorry for the lost time :)

That comment was only half serious...

Furthermore, you're developing another client and I'm not asking you to open your cvs or public more betas. So you may sleep easily.

Heh, I've just noticed that BM is very stubborn in some cases, thats why I'm not asking him for anything, because beating head against the wall is not my favorite task ;)

Ouch, reading all this really lost some of my precious time, do not know about Crise, Lee and the others. But hey, as a tester it would be stupid to take side, I have the thing he asks for...

The only 2 cents I can spend here:

but in case of DC I'm feeling that creating of a new client is not so bad idea... And I find this wrong.

amp is from the people who like to suggest rather than splitting resources by creating smth new.

And he does not like that in this case it would be better to create another mod, since it would mean that the current one has some disadvantages.

amp is from the people who like to suggest rather than splitting resources by creating smth new.

And he does not like that in this case it would be better to create another mod, since it would mean that the current one has some disadvantages.

Not only suggest, I also like to help others, report bug even helping to fix them, contributing code. Unfortunelly I'm not very experienced in C++ program for providing fixes here, I have much more experience in x86 assembler and php programming (strange combination, isn't it?). I also have a couple of IPB mods on invisionize.com, but I have another nick there :)

Haven't answered on this one.

I just cannot understand why create so many clones with very little feature differences, if we can make a good, reliable and extensible program! Dozens of positive results in other projects. DC is somehow special in this way...

well im going to try and stay out of this one and leave it to BM, Lee and crise. however (he says bringing himself into the conversation damm!)

Maybe you'll at least post a changelog
i think this could be a good idea. a changelog of all of the betas so people can at least no whats comming. but at the same time progress could probably be checked at the dev page

as Apex is based on SDC. if Apex opened its svn then we would only be able to work on the latest public release of SDC. currently (i think) BM graciously gives the apex dev team access to more recent vertions of the src then the ones which are public. so any case you make will be a case that either you or the apex team would have to make to BM.

Edited by balder

balder, the dev page ain't there any more, it was deleted as it wasn't being used...

ohh, i would like to say that i used it but as i didn't notice it had dispeared i gusse i cant :blushing:

Edited by balder

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0