Ð.Sp!dér

Slow Upload Disconnects / Ban IP for X min

7 posts in this topic

Let's say someone just won't give up on downloading even though that particular person knows it will take about a month or so to finish. So he's downloading at about 0-600 bits/s (no more than that) and he frikin' knows it !! :) He's not even using multi-source or something that would cut me some slack !

I'm talking about a feature that disconnects (mabey even removes uploading users from queue) users downloading at speeds under 1 kB. That would mean more pipe for those who deserve it. I hate stubborn people... This guy's just taking up a perfectly good slot. In the meanwhile, someone else with a much better connection would wanna connect.

Btw: He's downloading pr0n from me, that stupid excuse for a wanker... 800 MB mpeg @ 500 B/s (go figure!)

Or you could do something similar to BitComet. Ban user for 5m/10m or 1h/24h. But not banning the user's IP. That would mean not being able to PM him. Nor would he, for that matter...

Actually, it's a great ideea. Ban IP > the perfect ignore. And I know that this kind of software exists (PeerGuardian?) but that kind of software bans the IP for every single connection. What if I don't want a friend downloading from me that's currently added into my messenger list ? Then I wouldn't be able to talk to him at all. So keep this IP banning within the program.

1. In the way you describe, I got a precious movie before time, took me several months, since I can't figure it out exactly (OK, it was in e-Mule, but still!).

2. What against pr0n you have? Or let me guess, you are a saint and have no idea how this nasty content was in your share? :)

3. This is a leecher feature. You could ban anyone >> hub owners and OPs will ban Apex. And all of us will not be able to download even with 0-600kB.

Note: For users like you, if I was a hub owner/OP, I would just simulate a Dd < 1kB while not showing status, and if you ban my IP, you can guess what will happen. :)

Edited by Zlobomir

It's not about the pr0n, it's about the user. I hate him.

Ok, if you don't like it then I think users with small download like that (under 1kB) should have their own specially reserved slot.

Personaly, if you really want something THAT bad, you should go buy it.

Not sit around and wait for "several months". That's just crazy ! Or find a better source.

1. I have not specified whether the content was illegal to download or not.

2. Let's assume for a moment it was illegal. Can you imagine from your purple world that there are places on the Earth where you CAN'T get some things, at least without a credit card, which I dare to say is maybe even 70 % of the population of Bulgaria?

Sorry if being too sharp, it's just in order to be clear enough. :)

No ****... I'm from Romania. Europe's second poorest country ! Average paycheck here is about 90

No ****... I'm from Romania. Europe's second poorest country ! Average paycheck here is about 90

So happy joining in EU. :) At least Russia is saved from this evil. :)

About the pr0n: I was just surprised why you object when smo downloads smth which you think for being good enough to be included in your share. :)

Edit: Can you PM me the title? My I-net is a little faster... :)

Edited by Zlobomir