Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xombie

[Support] SUGESTION 01

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

This is my first post, so sorry if i posted something that already exists!

I have been using Apex DC++ for some time now, and i have been experiancing a problem!

This problem acures every time i connect and open dc++.

Let me explain the situation! I have one hub in my favourites (the hub on which i'm an operator), and since i am always activ mode i have to type in my IP adress!

My IP changes every days, which means i have to change the IP in my favourites every time i connect!

What i was thinking was... to make an IP checker, which would check the IP from time to time, and every time dc would be opened! Just like the IP checker in the Connection Settings, but this checker would be for the favourite hubs!

I hope this all makes sence! ;)

Comments are welcome! Thank you!

~xombie

hello Xombie, and welcome.

Not sure if i got all of what you were saying but it sounds like you wont different connection settings on the hub level. this seems a little strange. if you can run in active mode you should run in active for all hubs. with that said this guide should be able to help you with you IP address changing all of the time. however it is also worth mentioning that in the next release the ip checker in the connection setings will get your external IP address.

Not sure if i got all of what you were saying...

well.. my english is limited, so i'm trying the best i can!

it seems that i cannot download while i'm anything else but active mode! and sice i have my hub in favourites, there is an connection option there aswell! so i have to put active there, but there isn't an ip checker in the favourites, so i have to input the ip manually every time!

did that make more sence? :)

tnx for the dinamic ip thing! i was looking arround yesterday, and bumped into it... it seems a bit complex to me, but i'll try it. thank you! (since you sugersted it, must mean its worth the try)

You don't need to manually add your IP address each time, just use the one in settings and it is global - for all favourites.

You don't need to manually add your IP address each time, just use the one in settings and it is global - for all favourites.

Maybe he needs to be Passive in the other hubs, but don't see why... And to do it,he must have all the other hubs in favs as well.

Edited by Zlobomir

maybe its a bug... or maybe i just didn't use the option like i should!

cuz.. i set the IP to reload every time dc starts, but it doesn't change the ip in the favourites! mybe because once i entered the ip manualy for a fav hub... and now the ip doesn't change for that hub...

maybe..

i'll check! i'll try and remove the ip, and start dc again.. maybe the new ip will be loaded in the fav settings!

i'll get back with new info on that!

i'd just like to thank you all for taking time to help me out! i apretiate it

and... sry if i made any spelling mistakes.. my english isn't very good :|

Remove the IP from the favourite and it should use the application-global IP found in the settings.

if you remove that ip from your favorite hub, and click in it's properties to "default" instead of passive, or active then it'll use the global set ip (in setup/connections).

or use dynamic dns service ... for example dyndns.org is free and it' working for me for some years ;)

you can set it in your router, or if you don't have a router, simply select "update ip on every startap" in dc++ settings/connections and try how oes it work.

this should solve your problem or i didn't understand it ;) :)

ok i played with the options a little, so i remover the IP in the fav hub! i set the option to default and its working just fine now!

i thank you all for helping me out! cheers!

you can close/delete this topic now lee! :)

it doesn't realy have any purpose anymore... it helped a noob in need, now i don't need it anymore :P

you can close/delete this topic now lee! :)

it doesn't realy have any purpose anymore... it helped a noob in need, now i don't need it anymore :P

Other people may find this topic useful when searching. :D

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0