Lee

7,000 posts

11 posts in this topic

3-4 months after reaching 2,000 posts and 1,000 members, we've now reached 7,000 posts, and nearly reaching 2,000 members. I believe this is a great achievement considering the project has been operational since January, but no release until 3rd August.

Congrats to the community. :P

Yes rspecially considering that it took us around 5 months to reach 2,000 posts, this can be counted as a big achievement :)

Congrats for that achievement also to the devs, subs and testers.

And continuing with statistics, more than a third of all the posts were actually done by Crise, Lee and Greg... :D

(How are wise number's twisters saying: Don't trust in statistics that you didn't fake yourself... :fear:)

Yes, which means you have a dedicated development team and staff members. No need to complain about that. :D

(How are wise number's twisters saying: Don't trust in statistics that you didn't fake yourself... fear.gif)

Yes, which means you have a dedicated development team and staff members. No need to complain about that. :fear:

plus not a single post from us is spam, so they are all legit, when it comes to statistics :) (then again we decided what is and what isn't spam here, but that's beside the point :D)

plus not a single post from us is spam, so they are all legit, when it comes to statistics :) (then again we decided what is and what isn't spam here, but that's beside the point :fear: )

Hehe, obviously we just have some seperate forum we use for spamming to get our post count up? :D

We'll be at 100,000 downloads soon too. :)

Hey, didn't mean to offend anyone of you nor I meant to complain. I am well aware - and I think most of the users agree - that you are not to be considered spammers, but a very dedicated, helpful and patient dev and support team.

Actually, that's what I meant to point out with my post, I hope it wasn't missunderstood because of that supposed-to-be-funny comment in brackets. :D

I really appreciate your work and efforts and the time you spend here to help others. As a hub admin I know that rarely ever someone notices the work behind something like this.

I really appreciate your work and efforts and the time you spend here to help others. As a hub admin I know that rarely ever someone notices the work behind something like this.

Not sure about your hub (address, if it isn't private?), but we've certainly noticed the huge amounts of dedication and work from the whole of the TGO staff (especially Sidetrack). Without them, I don't think that hub would be half as popular, and receive the respect it deserves. :fear:

So yeah, we notice. :D

Not sure about your hub (address, if it isn't private?), but we've certainly noticed the huge amounts of dedication and work from the whole of the TGO staff (especially Sidetrack). Without them, I don't think that hub would be half as popular, and receive the respect it deserves. :)

So yeah, we notice. :)

My hub's address: 10.5.223.43:4111 :)

Yeah, it's rather private, in a campus LAN and not reachable from the internet. As well as we can't reach hubs in the internet. One reason why we miss so many things coing on and developing in the "outside" DC community and notice it only if something like that NMDC-Style filelist thingy happens..

But I guess my post came out wrong. I meant that normal users, e.g users of ApexDC, or e.g. users of my hub, often don't see the work behind that all:

The work you guys spent and spend on coding the client, fixing bugs, hosting and maintaining this website, helping, explaining, listening and supporting here; the work a hub admin does when setting up and maintaining a hub, watching after the rules to make it pleasant for every user, "donating" a private computer to the community that is running day and night in one's room and causing bad sleep, working on a website for the hub with helps and howtos...

You know, stuff like that. And only to get f***ed and shouted at by some stupid users when they get e.g. banned from the hub for sharing bad stuff or when something in the client doesn't work. For some people it's just natural that there are hubs and clients available to everyone without asking why and who made it.

Anyway, don't mean to complain here. Just wanted to make myself clear; I hope it worked now. :-)

Great news!!! Congrats from me too :D

I think ApexDC++ deserves such a popularity cause it's probably the most stable DC around (besides it's wonderful features of course) ;)

Thanks again guys for this great program :w00t: