Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RadoX

Follow last redirect

12 posts in this topic

I would like to see Follow last redirect disabled by defult.

and i prefer it on by default... this would need some voting or something, but i think most people keep it enabled.

Hm, from the point that you should set up your PC to behave, it should be default off...

I would like to see Follow last redirect disabled by defult.

Let's have reasons please. :)

A reason could be that you may be redirected to an inappropriate hub (emulation, share, slots, etc.).

Zlobomir this is the first thing which i disable but i think it is usefull to newbies. if they conect to a hub they cant get into they will be redirected. people who want to disable this genralyy know how to but people who want to enable it might not.

I got a good reason....

If ppl have to pay for international dl thay choose a hub with a ip bot, however if some op decides to redirect me to a another international hub and with me sleeping, I start to dl with cost.

If ppl whant to follow these redirects thay can use the "follow last redirect button"

I got a good reason....

If ppl have to pay for international dl thay choose a hub with a ip bot, however if some op decides to redirect me to a another international hub and with me sleeping, I start to dl with cost.

If ppl whant to follow these redirects thay can use the "follow last redirect button"

True, but I'm going with balder on this one, it's much more newbie friendly the way it is now....

True, but I'm going with balder on this one, it's much more newbie friendly the way it is now....

If the necessity of newbie-friendliness is the only issue, can't you make a one-time pop-up with (x Don't show again) which explains where and how to enable/disable redirects?

If the necessity of newbie-friendliness is the only issue, can't you make a one-time pop-up with (x Don't show again) which explains where and how to enable/disable redirects?

Do you know how much people hate such popups :blink:

But maybe this can be discussed when/if i end up doing that start up wizard thing...

Do you know how much people hate such popups :fear:

But maybe this can be discussed when/if i end up doing that start up wizard thing...

I am one of those people too. :blink: But better 10 slightly annoyed users than one completely pissed off (because of money spent).

I got a good reason....

And how common is that? The general concensus of users would be to keep it enabled, and anyone in this situation can disable it. It's useful for the most of our users. :blink:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0