Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GS3User007

Do you want to launch another instance anyway?

9 posts in this topic

When I hit the Apexdc++ quick launch button, and Apex is already running, this box opens up. Now I realize that this is probably a feature, but with a busy system tray, it was a quick way to bring dc++ to the top (I recently switched from dc++ to Apex).

What I'd like is a way to disable this dialog box and just bring Apex right to the top. Is this feasible?

When I hit the Apexdc++ quick launch button, and Apex is already running, this box opens up. Now I realize that this is probably a feature, but with a busy system tray, it was a quick way to bring dc++ to the top (I recently switched from dc++ to Apex).

What I'd like is a way to disable this dialog box and just bring Apex right to the top. Is this feasible?

use commandline param /magnet :P (originally used with dchub and magnet links, but works this way too)

What about checkbox "Block running new instance and popup current" or something like that? I think it's more friendly to users. Right?

p.s. I don't remember did we have something like "Block running new instance"? (disabling question window and do nothing)

What about two checkboxes:

[ ] Block running new instances...

[ ] ...and pop-up current instance

?

What about checkbox "Block running new instance and popup current" or something like that? I think it's more friendly to users. Right?

p.s. I don't remember did we have something like "Block running new instance"? (disabling question window and do nothing)

What about two checkboxes:

[ ] Block running new instances...

[ ] ...and pop-up current instance

?

nah, i need to have those command line options intact anyways, so nope...

Hehe, I use AHK myself anyway to bring Apex, µtorrent, MSN, and others to the front with a hotkey, I can see why this would be useful to other though.... there's nowhere for people to find out about these commandline options. :)

the command line options i have added are:

/q which launches another instance w/o asking user the question

/magnet bypasses the dialog box and brings up current instance (added for dchub and magnet links)

Is it friendly to users method? Really?

it's not user friendly, but that was never the point of those commands... because i added /q for only myself, since i often have to run few versions of apexdc at same time. And /magnet as explained was added for dchub & magnet links...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0