Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lain_13

Favorite Users List

19 posts in this topic

What now:

1. If one user exists on more than one hub I need to add them into favorite list on every hub. And, as result, I'm have long list with many same nicks and various hubs...

2. If on one of hubs exist somebody with same nickname (see 1), how can I understand what them isn't needed? Compare size of share and other data... hm... but if I'm need them too? It's not so easy to find them in favorite list after adding (if first user already added for 5 hubs)...

3. If user add to them favorite hublist new hub and I already have this hub in my list... how can I know what they appear at this hub? Search manually?

How resolve (IMHO):

1. Add ability to autosearch users in favorite list on active hubs... periodical or manual (button, menu, e.t.c).

2. Automatic merge identical users on many hubs into one position (show hub names in one line).

3. If user exist on any hub - mark them green, but mark hubs, where them in off-line state by red color.

4. Something else?

p.s. Sorry for my bad english... :)

What I got basically:

1.1. You have user A in hubs X, Y and Z.

1.2. You need XA, YA, ZA in Fav Users to cover all the cases in which your friend is online. This is too much place. He proposes a search engine in Favs (can't see how this would help?). AFAIR (remember ;) ) with the current protocol it is hard to be sure whether 2+ same nicks in 2+ different hubs are one and the same user...

2.1. You have definitely different users under one and the same nick in 2+ hubs.

2.2. He proposes a regrouping in Win Explorer style - Users as main folders, hubs they appear in as subfolders.

3. I also can't follow, sorry...

Edited by Zlobomir

For example:

1. Hubs: A,B,C,D; Users: a,b,x; x have same nick as a. b is same user as a but on other hub with other nickname.

2. User a exist on hub A,B and as user b exist on hub C. User x exist on hub D.

Now if I add user a from hub A I see:

a at A is OnLine

If user a leave hub A (many reasons) i see them in OffLine. But they can exist on hubs B and C from my list.

I can manually found them on hub B, but I can't do it for hub C. Also I can't know reason of leaving hub A of this user. He can turn off computer or they connection with this hub can be broken.

But if I search this user on hub D I found user with same name. But it's DIFFERENT user!

What I want from FavList?

Only 2 things:

1. Ability to search same user on other hubs in automatic mode.

2. Ability to group users automatically and manually.

What I mean?

Now we have:

a at A OffLine

x at D OnLine

When I use command "Search same" (any other name) Apex must search user with same TTH or filelist TTH on other hubs. After searching users mus be automatically grouped by first name ("AutoGroup" command).

I wan see in FavList something like that:

User f OnLine

+- a at A OffLine

+- a at B OnLine

+- b at C OnLine

User x OnLine

+- x at D OnLine

But I want have ability:

1. Manually creating supergroups like "Friends", "File Servers", e.t.c.

2. Manually adding users to supergroups. If this user already in one of existing groups they must automatically merged to this group.

For sameUserGroup we must have "grant slot" function like we already have for every user in list.

Also we must have "grant slot" ability for supergroups. If this chechkbox active - all checkboxes on sublevels must be disabled (because this box mean grant slot for any user from supergroup).

ALSO we can rename FavList to "Peoples"...

...and add automatic supergroup "banned users" with groups of banned users on hubs with 3 ban modes:

1. Ignore in chat - I don't won't know what they say in chats.

2. Ignore in PM - I absolutely don't want to hear them. :D

3. Ban access - I hate guys from this list. :[

...or 1&2 in one position... p.3... I don't know... maybe it's incorrect.

Why? Now we have really ugly interface for ignoring users... I think normal GUI for this function need!

Why here? Why not? If groups implemented - why not?

Also need add chechbox "hide ignored users".

As result we have something like this:

Friends (3 groups)

.+-Atos (know only french) OnLine

.....+-Atos at Paris hub OnLine

.....+-Atos at Musketeer hub OnLine

.....+-Incognito at Heaven hub OffLine

.+-Portos (like beer) OnLine

.....+-Portos at Musketeer hub OnLine

.....+-Portos at Heaven hub OffLine

.+-Aramis (love music and reading) OnLine

.....+-Aramis at Musketeer hub OnLine

Other (2 groups)

.+-Dartanyan OnLine

.....+-Dartanyan at Heaven hub OnLine

.+-Constancia OffLine

.....+-Myledy at Paris hub OffLine

.....+-Constancia at Heaven hub OffLine

Servers (2 users)

.+-Heavenhub server (All variants of all sacred books at one place!) OnLine

.+-Aramis's Music Server (Hard Rock... Really Hard Rock) OnLine

Ignore List (2 groups)

.+-Cardinal (they think - they god... uff...) OnLine

.....+-Cardinal at Paris hub OffLine

.....+-Devil at Hell hub OnLine

.+-Miledy (st**id girl, little st**id girl) OffLine

.....+-Miledy at Paris hub OffLine

Uff.... This sounds like a lot of work to me. Though I don't know about coding.

But IMHO it would sure add a lot of usability to the Favourite Users list which by now I rarely ever use - no real functions there. And since I basically use DC for chatting and the chat feature is what it makes different to other filesharing apps, I think it could be a great enrichment to ApexDC.

Uhh... I don't understand everything which you want, but as you what I perceive to be the first request, I think it would be easiest to not assume "users" and "nicks" are the same thing, because as you say, a user can have multiple "nicks". The easiest way around this, which I can see, would be to have multiple nicks per favorite user, just seperate by ; or whatever. Or any character which you can't use in your nick normally, or even just a space would be fine. I don't see a need for anything more complex.

But we still have problem with multiple hubs. I need make single entry for EVERY hub. If user on 3 hubs - I have 3 entries in FavList. If you add grouping function (like explorer folders) it's resolve problem. (in my network many users on many hubs, many of them on more than 5 hubs at one time, I have 63 entries in FavList to know - OnLine somebody or not, but really FavList contain only 11 peoples with different information about hubs).

For first step need next (for example in Apex 0.3.0 or 0.4.0):

1. Add support for grouping ability (ability to make tree of groups on XML inside config file manually).

2. Add grouping visualization (folders\online|ofline status of group, group online if 1 element in group online)

On the second step:

1. Add visual editor for tree of groups (popup menu).

2. Add property for group "check online status" (if not present - off) for enabling\disabling checking of online|offline status of group.

I understand, what all I wrote implement in one step impossible.

On next steps can be added other functions. But this two - general in this question.

I was just thinking of the easiest way to add it in without needing to rework the whole favorites, as there is already too many features to code to do that. Maybe even to do whatr I suggested, assuming it;s possible.

I'd really like to see something like this implemented.

When I'm downloading a lot of files from someone. I add them to favourites and give them an automatic free slot. Ok, sometimes I forget

Of course they are only added to favs in hubs I'm downloading off them from. It would be nice if when they appear on other hubs, they were automatically added as favs in those hubs.

The two obstacles (leaving aside how difficult it might be to implement) are (1) someone might have the same nick in another hub. I think sooner or later you will spot that by the difference in file shares.

(2) the person might have different nicks. Well, ast least they would be favs in hubs where they had that nick.

But we still have problem with multiple hubs. I need make single entry for EVERY hub. If user on 3 hubs - I have 3 entries in FavList. If you add grouping function (like explorer folders) it's resolve problem. (in my network many users on many hubs, many of them on more than 5 hubs at one time, I have 63 entries in FavList to know - OnLine somebody or not, but really FavList contain only 11 peoples with different information about hubs).

For first step need next (for example in Apex 0.3.0 or 0.4.0):

1. Add support for grouping ability (ability to make tree of groups on XML inside config file manually).

2. Add grouping visualization (folders\online|ofline status of group, group online if 1 element in group online)

On the second step:

1. Add visual editor for tree of groups (popup menu).

2. Add property for group "check online status" (if not present - off) for enabling\disabling checking of online|offline status of group.

I understand, what all I wrote implement in one step impossible.

On next steps can be added other functions. But this two - general in this question.

Sorry I don't understand that statement.

M

He means the already coming, next generation of the DC protocol.

One more reason for enhancing fav.lists.

In my network exist really interest hub.

Minimum share required for enter hub is 100 Gb. Yes. It's hub for those, who want to share.

But exist one more rule - every who use this hub must add all peoples from this hub in they fav.list. I think it's good idea... but not so easy, right?

How I do it now? I select all users on hub, select from popup "add to fav.", going to fav.list and marking new users. Also I have users not from this hub in list. I don't want add extraslot for some of them. It's really strong to manage this list. )

What ways to resolve I see?

1. Extraslot for group (maybe I wrote about this somewhere in previous posts... or not?)

2. Additional checkbox in fav.hubs. In hub Options window we can add checkbox "Grant extraslot for all users from this hub." (by default in disabled state).

Second way resolve my problem absolutely, but I don't know did this option can be really useful for other?

WTF ?!? The dumbest rule I've ever heard about.

PS:How can they know are they in your favs?You cant share you favs.xml in dc. ( Well as an evil genius i made a plan to download every favorites.xml in my local hub and steel users' passwords.And guess what - there were no favorites.xml! and im sure that there are ppl who shared their whole dc clients :) .i made a little test - shared mine dc++ and favorites.xml wasnt included in my FL. damn)

PPS:Just a joke,i'd never do such a thing , just wanted to experiment.(and to prove the fact that passwords need to be encrypted)

PPS:Just a joke,i'd never do such a thing , just wanted to experiment.(and to prove the fact that passwords need to be encrypted)
as your passwords were not shared do you still think they need encrypting

Yes, i think so , cuz there are other ways of file transfer.And they wont exclude favs.xml and even if the other person doesnt know about opening the favs.xml with notepad asterisks can be decrypted very easy.

How can they know are they in your favs?You cant share you favs.xml in dc.

Simple - if someone report that he get an "no slots available" from you, you will be banned ;)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0