Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RadoX

Download disconnects

25 posts in this topic

I´m haveing many complaints in my hub of download disconnects and the users don´t know wuy thay say that thay did not disconnect the other user, when I started to see what was wrong I noticed that user with ApexDC was always involved.

So my first thougt was that there was something wrong with ApexDC. I hope not but I can´t find any other reason.

Have someone else notice this and could confirm this?

Maybe some default filter in hubsoft. Tried DC++ emulation?

Yes, if it's not in the initiation of the connection... There was a similar ussue before between clients, does smo remember better?

There is another error users are reporting to me and it´s disconnect related too, but users are getting disconnected by hubs getting this error and btw the hub did not close: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Seems to be something wrong with connection in Apex :)

There is another error users are reporting to me and it´s disconnect related too, but users are getting disconnected by hubs getting this error and btw the hub did not close: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Seems to be something wrong with connection in Apex :D

How well do you know the hub? Maybe the hub soft doesn't like Apex? Or haven't a rule to let it in?

I am a class 10 on this verlihub from 24shells with 700 users, and this has nothing to do with the hubsoft cos this is happening on YnHub too.

You can get in alright and could be fine for a long time, but it just disconnects out of the blue for all I see.

Verlihub Linux and YnHub the most popular hubsofts than this is Apex error. What in the hub soft sould couse this, what is it that the hub don´t like? Can upgrating client couse this, moving files from other dc program to apex?

It may be just that Apex is too young, and it is possible 2+ hub softs to disconnect it, if the OPs haven't defined a specific rule. And it may seem ramdom just because there is a different time to the check of each user.

P. S. I reserve the right to be wrong! :D

We were noticed about such behaviour in our hub. Seems like it somehow linked with slow user disconnecting.

I know the problem for most people is the new Fuldc++ client... The new versions of Fuldc and some other clients are refusing connections to older clients, and since apex has a strongdc base, that is based off an older dc++ build it sees us as an old client and kills the connection. Here is a link to the topic, then the next version of apex may be able to fix this... http://www.dcdev.net/YnHub/forum/showthread.php?t=5662 Its a shame the assholes over in fuldc dont see this as a problem, but a positive.

I know the problem for most people is the new Fuldc++ client... The new versions of Fuldc and some other clients are refusing connections to older clients, and since apex has a strongdc base, that is based off an older dc++ build it sees us as an old client and kills the connection. Here is a link to the topic, then the next version of apex may be able to fix this... http://www.dcdev.net/YnHub/forum/showthread.php?t=5662 Its a shame the assholes over in fuldc dont see this as a problem, but a positive.

Actually the "a*sholes" are doing good, since they are pushing people to upgrade. The bad thing is that Apex falls in a category to which it does not belong.

I was told by a fuldc dev, it was a problem caused by the apex build being based on strong that is based on an older dc build, whats to stop the next apex and strong builds to add fuldc support and bypass all the pain in the ass. Personally I feel fuldc is a fair client, but thier dev team is too full of themselves. I mean if it isnt directly blocking thier downloads its not a problem, but its ok to block everyone else. How small minded is that.

Actually the "a*sholes" are doing good, since they are pushing people to upgrade. The bad thing is that Apex falls in a category to which it does not belong.

ApexDC doesn't fall in category which it does not belong, last time i checked it worked just fine with fulDC :)

I am currently using apex 0.2.2 and my friend is using the newest stable fuldc and he sent me this message Old client detected, disconnecting. User=maciver so something isnt working

I am currently using apex 0.2.2 and my friend is using the newest stable fuldc and he sent me this message Old client detected, disconnecting. User=maciver so something isnt working

Sorry to disappoint you but my ApexDC (ApexDC++ 0.3.0.8 Compiled on: 2006-09-30) downloads just fine from fulDC++ :)

Sorry to disappoint you but my ApexDC (ApexDC++ 0.3.0.8 Compiled on: 2006-09-30) downloads just fine from fulDC++ :)

lmao so where do I get 0.3.0.8

Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken.

Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken.

:) It is a valid link most of the people that have replied to this topic can confirm that...

lol meaning its dev only then?

Nope, that link is functional to testers, subscribers, devs and admins

Nope, that link is functional to testers, subscribers, devs and admins

Hi , what is mean "subscribers" . I get same message in red and cannot download 0308 version.

It's long time and no new apex public version . :)

Hi , what is mean "subscribers" . I get same message in red and cannot download 0308 version.

It's long time and no new apex public version . :)

Long time? it's only bit over a month since your last release, i think...

Long time? it's only bit over a month since your last release, i think...

Maybe not too long (month), and i'm impatience guy,...but history previous releases 0.20, 021, 022...

;)

O.K. i promise be more patience ;)

Maybe not too long (month), and i'm impatience guy,...but history previous releases 0.20, 021, 022...

;)

O.K. i promise be more patience ;)

If you're patient it means you have a lots of cool stuff to use, rather than just a few. :)

0.3.0 is shaping up to be the largest and most significant release we've made.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0