Cyril

Need a new beta tester?

23 posts in this topic

Hi, everybody

I'm a new gut on this forum. I'm french so i'm sory if there is some mistakes when I will write a message.

I have an access to an internal network and at this moment I use PeerWeb DC++. I can be defined as a seeder on my network because I share a lot. The problem is that many users blame me because The speed don't go below 1Mo with DC++ client. Normally the "normal" speed is 13Mo/s ...

That the reason why I propose to become a beta tester : I can help you to optimise ApexDC++.. Then, my network is used by regular users (200 users) and we have specifics attempts which will may be installed as new features in ApexDC++ .. I really be happy to be a part of your beta-tester team.

Why do you want the upload speed to go below 1MB/s?

There are currently no beta testing positions available at this time.. :)

Oups I'm sorry, I made a big mistake : the word I wanted to use is "above" not "below" :). Like I was tring to explain, the speed doesn't go above 1Mo when downloaders have DC++.

Oups I'm sorry, I made a big mistake : the word I wanted to use is "above" not "below" :) . Like I was tring to explain, the speed doesn't go above 1Mo when downloaders have DC++.

Inside a LAN network? Big Muscle is looking into this problem and I believe he has fixed it for RC11.

Yes that's it ! It's a LAN network.

Well then, look forward to ApexDC++ 1.0. :)

Okay thank you very much. So you don't need a new beta-tester? Ok...

Can I give you some idea of features for ApexDC++?

Okay thank you very much. So you don't need a new beta-tester? Ok...

Can I give you some idea of features for ApexDC++?

You're more than welcome, post them in the Feature Requests forum.

Thanks : the features will be integrated to the client or we will be able to add some plugins? (In fact, there is many features which will be useful just for my LAN network)

DC++ and it's mods are not really designed to use plug-ins, as such I believe the only way to add extra functionally to a client which is used for LAN only networks would be to compile a seperate client with these added funtionalities.

In fact, Phantom DC has some plugins. It is another issue that it looks quite different from DC++ and the other mods.

Edited by Zlobomir

In fact, Phantom DC has some plugins. It is another issue that it looks quite different from DC++ and the other mods.

We cannot use any of the code because it's outdated... I heard the author was trying to update the program though..

'can't use code because it's outdated'. Funny.

well that's not the biggest problem though, as even if i could use some code from it i can't as finding the latest source is a pain in the ass...

well that's not the biggest problem though, as even if i could use some code from it i can't as finding the latest source is a pain in the ass...

Well, I could easily provide you with that source... I have the author's details.

Well, I could easily provide you with that source... I have the author's details.

well could you do so then...

hmm interesting,never experienced,or heard of that LAN problem....we used to have a LAN were i live,and transfer speeds were well over 5MB/s (10to11 sometimes).

nice to hear its being worked on thou :)

What do i have to do to be a beta tester?

And when will apex be out(i am loking forword to download with it)

What do i have to do to be a beta tester?

And when will apex be out(i am loking forword to download with it)

you have to prove yourself worthy of the position, and we tell when new positions open up so there is no need to ask... (in other words: you don't come to us, we come to you)

and release dates haven't been assigned, and they won't be assigned either, it's out when it's ready for public use...

Ok,...i understand, but how can i prove that i am worthy? :(

being an active forum memeber (helping users with problems, chatting about stuff etc.), and providing both negative and positive feedback (and doing it so that the feedback is constructive) is always a plus, but in the end the desicions are always done because of differnt reasons, so we can't give you any kind of list of requirements...

Ok,...i understand, but how can i prove that i am worthy? :(

There will be plenty of opportunities to receive testing access once the program is out officially. We'll have a few competitions, but make sure you're on your toes otherwise they might have gone by the time you visit. :(