Crise

ApexDC++ Official Support Hub - Discussion

85 posts in this topic

erm so u mean that the ctm exploit that working on 1.033 doesnt matter ?

thats the dumbest thing i ever heard the settings used in that version will work in 1.036 aswell i my bet.

ogeez i guess a little ddos never hurt nobody :)

Sorry for late post, but what exploit are you reffering to? I always see you reffering to some kind of CTM exploit in old versions of YnHub on different forums. There is no exploit, there never was from the first date the Security > General security > Check sender IP on Search and ConnectToMe was implemented, and if I remember correct it was implemented in version 1.01 of YnHub at date 2004-12-30.

If you in your hub didn't check that checkbox, it doesn't mean everyone else didn't check it too. And secondly.. That checkbox is checked by default. ;)

Good Morning,

I use Apex DC for 1 year ago with 6 or 7 customers from my hub.

Since ApexDC 1.2 Beta We have problem to View Share and Download. - The Problem is the same with 1.2 stable.

After Investigation I can tell :

- share or download between 1.1.0 and 1.2.0 works fine.

- ... between 2 users 1.2.0 is impossible :

[06:59:16] *** User nanaXX - Connection timeout 10 times

I take care everybody on my Hub are in Active Mode.

It's not my Firewall, I try to Disable It, but the problem is not resolv.

If I downgrade my ApexDC version to 1.10 (and save my config) ... I can download again to people use ApexDC 1.20

Someone have ideas about it ?

Thanks a lot for your help ...

Rolex there are more then that exploit for ynhub ask your friend

Good Morning,

I use Apex DC for 1 year ago with 6 or 7 customers from my hub.

Since ApexDC 1.2 Beta We have problem to View Share and Download. - The Problem is the same with 1.2 stable.

After Investigation I can tell :

- share or download between 1.1.0 and 1.2.0 works fine.

- ... between 2 users 1.2.0 is impossible :

I take care everybody on my Hub are in Active Mode.

It's not my Firewall, I try to Disable It, but the problem is not resolv.

If I downgrade my ApexDC version to 1.10 (and save my config) ... I can download again to people use ApexDC 1.20

Someone have ideas about it ?

Thanks a lot for your help ...

Correctly configure your TLS ports and it will work just fine (both you and the "destination" user must have configured them correctly).

Thanks Crise ... I need more infomation because, with old ApexDC versions, I never configure TLS port, and It works fine.

So, now, if I have to configure it, what do I choise as number port ? Like my TCP/UDP port ? or another ?

I'm configuring with method : Firewall with manual port Forwarding

TCP / UDP : 1413

TLS : 0

- I have to put same port (1413) for TLS ? or another ?

- If another ... Need I to Nat this port to my rooter ? (but o my rooter, I can only Nat TCP/UDP port .... not TLS)

- Each users on my hub have to use the same TLS port than me ? or everybody can choose as they want ??

Thanks for your help,

Narol

Thanks Crise ... I need more infomation because, with old ApexDC versions, I never configure TLS port, and It works fine.

So, now, if I have to configure it, what do I choise as number port ? Like my TCP/UDP port ? or another ?

You have to use different port number than in the other two boxes (if you use 1413 for TCP/UDP, you could use something like 1414 fpr TLS).. also TLS port is just another TCP port if I remember correctly :)

Yataaa !!! :)

It works so fine !!!

I will inform all people of my Hub they want to upgrade to 1.2.0 Stable !!!

Thanks you Crise !!!

When someone tries to download a file from me, the connection will time out unless I initiate the connection (i.e. get their file list), and then it will go through without any problem. Any idea why this is happening?

I'm running ApexDC++ 1.2.0 stable. All my ports are forwarded properly. I appreciate your help.

[19:12:13] *** Connecting to engsci.ath.cx:4020...

[19:12:34] *** A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

What's going on?? Help please??

this tells us the hub you're connecting to is unreachable. this can occur when the hubserver is shut down or is not connected to your isp or even the entire internet

and i'd think you picked up the wrong topic for this post

2 Crise and other developers

the default error string ("A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond") is very nerdy. it is even way too nerdy in russian winxp. so what do you think of changing default connection error explanatory strings to your own, more easy at understanding and included in language.xml? we got tons of newfags asking what does this or that stuff mean