Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ssss

[Crash] ApexDC++ does not work in WINE.

8 posts in this topic

sir,

i have been using suse linux. i installed your apex dc++ using windows emulator(wine). everything works fine but when i try to see others shared filelists the program crashes. how to fix it. pls pls help me. i read that ur apex dc++ is compatible with windows environment in other operating systems.

That's for Stealthy DC.Anyway can someone say did Apex work with those dcoms and dlls?

so it is ;) i never actully read it myself :). i couldn't get apex working with wine but i am not an expert. the guide on stealy may still be relevent :?:

Edited by balder

WINE is like using another version of Windows. Apex doesn;t support every version of Windows anyway, so it can't support WINE that well either. As was stated maybe waiting for the Linux client would be the best option, or using a different DC++ based client. I'm sorry that we can;t fofer anything better, but we would rather invest any linux related time into getting a seperate client which will work without problems on Linux, rather than trying to change the existing version to work in WINE. we just don't have the resources to make Apex work with WINE (if it's easily possible). Our main coder has plenty of things to jsut advancing the client anyway. If you can invest time into making it work with WINE we would have no problems with that, but we are unable to do it ourselves, especially seeing as we have a seperate client for Linux planned anyway.

Sorry I can't be of more use,

Greg

ApexDC++ 0.21 works fine with wine.

post-2189-1157621100_thumb.png

- You have to install sidenet that configure wine automatically http://sidenet.ddo.jp/winetips/config.html (make a manual installation and don't install ie B) )

- Install DCOM98 that can be downloaded from google (you must have microsoft license, if you don't have it it's illegal)

Use this command to install it:

WINEDLLOVERRIDES="ole32=n" wine DCOM98.exe

- Download the three dll from here http://www.dll-files.com/ , comdlg32.dll, comctl32.dll and commctrl.dll

- Put the dll libraries in the windowds\system32 directory of you fake c:

- Install ApexDC++

- Run winecfg, add ApexDC.exe in the list of the applications, then select it from the list, select Windows98 from the "Windows versione" then go to the Libraries tab, add the three dll. Save winecfg and exit

It must be like this

post-2189-1157622625_thumb.png post-2189-1157622398_thumb.png

- Start ApexDC, go to settings-> appearance and disable "progress bar for transfer" and "emoticon"

Good p2p, cheers :D

And excellent manual, thank you. :D

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0