Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Claust

File Download Quirk

5 posts in this topic

This is more a quirk than a full blown bug, but a friend pointed out to me that my client downloads in 1mb segments & loses connection after each one before starting the next segment. Is this just a 1 off or has anyone else experienced this too.

This is more a quirk than a full blown bug, but a friend pointed out to me that my client downloads in 1mb segments & loses connection after each one before starting the next segment. Is this just a 1 off or has anyone else experienced this too.

It doesn't lose the connection after finishing the chunk. You're still connected to the user, and continue downloading the next chunk.

It's not always 1MB either.

It doesn't lose the connection after finishing the chunk. You're still connected to the user, and continue downloading the next chunk.

It's not always 1MB either.

Thats what he is getting from his end as someone else seems to start downloading from him & i then go back to the auto grant slot that he has on permanently for me.

Thats what he is getting from his end as someone else seems to start downloading from him & i then go back to the auto grant slot that he has on permanently for me.

Well i'm not sure if i remember this correctly, please correct if wrong. But in SDC, and thus naturally in ApexDC++ when segment is finished and emulation is on, you have the possibility to loose slots (read: connection is actually closed, i think), this however doesn't happen if emulation is not used...

Well i'm not sure if i remember this correctly, please correct if wrong. But in SDC, and thus naturally in ApexDC++ when segment is finished and emulation is on, you have the possibility to loose slots (read: connection is actually closed, i think), this however doesn't happen if emulation is not used...

I am not using emulation as i like using Apex as it should be used, To be honest i never would have noticed it happening thats why i called it a quirk. Its a miniscule blip in an excelent client, but one i thought you all should be aware of

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0