Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thresholder

Apexdc Hangs Constantly-Exceptioninfo Generated

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

All of a sudden Apex has started not responding from startup and using high cpu.

I cannot open a search window, i cannot switch tab or do anything else that it starts hanging.

It will stop after a good while but than whatever I try do do it starts again.

-I have reduced the download speed, stopped immediate hashing of downloaded files to no avail.

Besides I had all that turned on up to few days ago without any issue.

-I also reverted to previous version from current one and did a fresh install of latest version and still no luck.

-I have run checkdisk on all involved disks and no problem was found.

Few minutes ago it generated this exception which I don't know if it is related or not:

Code: c0000005 (Access violation)
Version: 1.6.0 (Aug 17 2014)
Major: 6
Minor: 2
Build: 9200
SP: 0
Type: 1
Time: 2014-08-29 14:59:22
TTH: K5J6ZYNXBJIMPBBB4YSX5DSN7LMYWY47CJH5QBY

d:developmentdcdevapexdctrunkclientclient.cpp(262): dcpp::Client::isSecure
d:developmentdcdevapexdctrunkclientclient.cpp(213): dcpp::Client::getPluginObject
d:developmentdcdevapexdctrunkclientpluginmanager.h(146): dcpp::PluginManager::runHook<tagUserData>
d:developmentdcdevapexdctrunkclientclient.cpp(193): dcpp::Client::send
d:developmentdcdevapexdctrunkclientnmdchub.cpp(927): dcpp::NmdcHub::revConnectToMe
d:developmentdcdevapexdctrunkclientnmdchub.cpp(64): dcpp::NmdcHub::connect
d:developmentdcdevapexdctrunkclientclientmanager.cpp(409): dcpp::ClientManager::connect
d:developmentdcdevapexdctrunkclientconnectionmanager.cpp(180): dcpp::ConnectionManager::on
d:developmentdcdevapexdctrunkclienttimermanager.cpp(56): dcpp::TimerManager::run
d:developmentdcdevapexdctrunkclientthread.h(109): dcpp::Thread::starter
KERNEL32!0x917616AD: BaseThreadInitThunk
ntdll!0x937B34A5: RtlUserThreadStart

I am on Win 8.1 pro x64.

Thank you

Do you use any plugins?

Hi Crise no I don't except the geo-something one that gets installed during installation.

I also have another old problem with Apex.

I will post it here, in case it might help you determine the other issue, but let me know if you want me to open a new thread.

I mainly download cbrcbz files and in the log I kept seeing error like this one:

"[17:46:53] Error hashing <myfile.cbz>: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

These error files are present on my hdd as complete in their full size but when I open them they are empty.

On the other hand, in Apex, they appear as constantly downloading: they reach a certain percentage as complete and than start from scratch endlessly.

So I have to find each one of these error files, delete them and than the proper download starts and completes successfully.

I thought this might have been due to a corrupt queue so I didn't add anything until the old one completed but now i am back with the same issue on top of the constant hanging.

I don't know if the constant crashes can damage the queue or what is the cause of this.

Anyway I have used Apex for years and never had any of these issues.

Thank you.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0