Isaksson

ApexDC++ Webserver

3 posts in this topic

Hello.

I have installed ApexDC 1.5.14 and iam planning to use the web ui.

But when i try the search function in the web ui and searching for "Directory" then i never receive any results, if i search for the same string in the windows client and "Directory" then i get results.

If i use "Any" in the web ui then i get results.

I need this because i want to download a whole directory with files from the web ui.

Do you have any plans to provide some kind of https api to the client so its easy to send in a command and get result maybe in JSON or XML?

Do you have any plans to provide some kind of https api to the client so its easy to send in a command and get result maybe in JSON or XML?

This is very much the eventual intention for the "webserver" its current implementation is dated, unuseful and not flexible. I wouldn't be surprised if eventually the idea of built in web UI ceased to exist and be replaced by a web based API and the usage left to external utilities or applications (one of which may be an UI of course, but which does not necessarily have to be maintained by us for example).

I can look into directory searching in particular but that is likely just the tip of the iceberg, if you catch my drift. Although, thank you for validating the fact that someone is actually still (trying to) use the webserver as is because that means investing time into developing a replacement whatever it will be is worth it. It has simply been sidelined by other things.

Thanks for the reply.

A well documented API based on JSON would be perfect, and i don't see any reason why you should spend time in developing a UI, that should be up to third party developers.

That way this will spread over many different platforms and languages (code-base).

A web UI was the only thing that i was looking for when i looked for a dc client, so for me this is very important. An open API would be even better.

When the time is right :) i would be happy if i could contribute with some beta testing if there will be some kind of implementation with this.

Me myself is coding in C# and Android development (java) so an Android App is something that i am planing to develop if there will be an open API.