Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Desperados

[Support] 374 Users to Download From only 3 Segments :/

6 posts in this topic

All right so is it just me or apex doesn't connect to everyone cuz i have 374 Users i can download from on a file and yet i only have 3 segments open and i'm downloading with a speed of 8kb/s. I know that i can only connect to users that have free slots but i checked the users when i did a search for alternates and theres at least 50 of them with free slots so why is it that im only connected to 3 of them?

I'm Using Win 64 bit btw and i have a DI 524 router but i am using DMZ for my pc so the ports should all be open also i disabled my win firewall and my other one as well so i can just get the program to work. Apex still puts me in passive mode if i do a [get IP address] but if i manually set the ports and WAN IP address the program works apparently fine.

Is there something i did to the program that makes my downloads so slow and also i never see apex try to connect to the users i have to do it manually all the time.

I also tried my old peer web client and I can't seem to get it to work it keeps saying manually configure ur NAT and it doesnt work in passive mode either. Could it be cuz of my crap ass router?

if your in passive mode you can only connect to other passive users so that is most likely the problem with your sources. I recommend forwarding your ports rather then shutting down important security you need on your pc. Put your firewall back up and turn off dmz then you can use www.portfoward.com for specific step by step instructions for your router/firewall on how to become active. Also in Apex theres a cool link that checks if your ports are actually open its located under the connection settings.

Settings > Download > Queue

Change the segments to 10. The number of segments used is determined by the filesize.

thx pake and i did use the button that checks if my ports are open and they are open and i didn't let the program put me in passive mode what i did is i set everything myself and i put it on manual port forwarding.

Could the program be putting me in passive mode once i close the settings window?

if your in passive mode you can only connect to other passive users...

No. If you are in passive mode you can only connect to other ACTIVE users.

Yes, if those other 300 odd users are passive, you will be unable to upload to download to or from them, unfortunatly. Some of them may have no slots or have there srettings incorrectly entered etc too, or be limiting or whatever to such a slow speed that Apex disconnects them, but it still seems strange that you can't connect to more users.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0