mmradio

Update Check: Could not connect to the update server

4 posts in this topic

Hey there,

since i had some trouble with the update, apex broke down once.

so now this error (Update Check: Could not connect to the update server) is always coming up and i cant connect to any hub.

i already reinstalled apex (new 1.15.13 and older.1.15.12 version) and checked all the settings.

Would be lovely if someone could help me.

Thanks

post-37566-0-44109800-1400168863_thumb.j

Update check failing would have no impact on overall connectivity of ApexDC. So the first thing I would check is the correctness of any connection settings particularly stuff like bind address if it is anything but its default value. After that it would be firewall and router in that order, then ISP.

i already checked firewall and i'm not using a a router...

but now i tried anonther client (StrongDC++) and did all the same settings. and this one is working.

so might be a something wrong with the registry ??

so might be a something wrong with the registry ??

ApexDC doesn't use registry for anything meaningful whatsoever, at least when it comes to connectivity. Really if StrongDC works and ApexDC doesn't all I can think of is that either the connectivity of that specific installed copy of ApexDC is blocked by something external, or that a setting has been accidentally changed somehow without you knowing.

Either way the fix is the same as what you already did with StrongDC, ie. redo the installation process either by hand or by using the installer and specifically telling it to install into a different location. If you have the option I would also install ApexDC to a drive other than your OS installation or make sure you use the option to store settings under AppData in the installer. If you do not use the installer search for dcppboot.xml for more info.