Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smaragdus

Mandatory Updates

2 posts in this topic

I will no longer use ApexDC++, I am fed up with these mandatory updates, they are intolerable. I want to be free to decide which version I would use, to update or not to update. This obtrusive policy of ApexDC++ developers is inacceptable for an open source project. So I am dumping ApexDC++ for a client that is less annoying, thank goodness there are many.

cz43hbjz1iqaw likes this

I will no longer use ApexDC++, I am fed up with these mandatory updates, they are intolerable. I want to be free to decide which version I would use, to update or not to update. This obtrusive policy of ApexDC++ developers is inacceptable for an open source project. So I am dumping ApexDC++ for a client that is less annoying, thank goodness there are many.

There is has been no mandatory update without reason, by default no upgrade is mandatory, 1.5.8 is not and won't be mandatory for foreseeable future.

Regardless, if you have already decided to switch clients why even post about it, topics like these have no value to anybody least of all to you.

Regarding: "This obtrusive policy of ApexDC++ developers is inacceptable for an open source project."

Open Source by definition gives us the freedom to employ exactly the kind of policies we see fit, this is a free product with no associated warranty whatsoever. We invest our own time and money into it so at the end of the day, who are you (or anyone for that matter) to say what is and isn't acceptable. We've never taken a course of action simply out of spite or malice towards our users, every single decision has a reason behind it. Whether you agree or are even aware of all those reasons is irrelevant. You have the freedom of choice, which by the looks of it you have decided to exercise, no-one is forcing you to use ApexDC, never has and never will.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0