Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mdan

search not working

8 posts in this topic

ditto. I can no longer search. I tried some very basic key words and I'm connected to 30 hubs or so ( 0 results ). I save my hubs so they auto connect each load ( not sure that helps ). I checked to make sure my search settings are still all hubs and regardless of slots. Still no luck, Any thoughts?

Make sure your firewall is not blocking anything (turn it off temporarily to see if it does).

Hey Mek, I'm not sure about the other guys but I'm pretty sure I speaking for them as well. Its not a new install issue, or a "new to apex" issue. Its a "was working till upgrade issue". Yes I agree that would cause an issue but I dont use a fire wall. My network is a bit to confusing to get in to right now but I can assure you that is not an issue.

If there was some fundamental change to the passive mode that made you suggest that please explain. My guess is you mentioned that as its a common mistake for people to over look. There is something in that last update that certainly is causing issue for some of us.

Well, in our LAN hub there were also users complaining about search not working after upgrade. It turned out that they needed to set up their firewall into "Learning mode" or disable it completely because the new EXE file was not whitelisted and its connections were blocked.

Anyway, search in passive mode should work, does it not?

ah bingo! Ok the last update checked "enable automatic incoming connection type detection" I just needed to uncheck it to get my settings back.

settings->connection [ uncheck ]enable automatic incoming connection type detection

ah bingo! Ok the last update checked "enable automatic incoming connection type detection" I just needed to uncheck it to get my settings back.

settings->connection [ uncheck ]enable automatic incoming connection type detection

Yeah, automatic detection is enabled by default now to use your router's UPnP capabilities. If your router does not support UPnP or you have it disabled, you can always revert back to manually forwarding your ports or using passive mode. :)

Edit: Changed topic title to something a tiny bit more descriptive.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0