Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RealAfrica

new modem

3 posts in this topic

Any one have any ideas how to fix my Apex problem?

I seem to be able to use Apex chat OK and I was uploading OK a few hours ago, but I don't seem to be able to get anyone's file list.

This coincides with a new modem, and it seems a new IP for the modem.

I have changed the IP in Apex settings, but when I try a connection test in the same part of Apex settings, it fails to connect to this IP.

I am able to browse and download files on the web, but not in DC++/Apex.

I have checked that I have the right new IP address, by going to www.ip2location.com

The new modem has a 'web address' I tried putting that in the 'External WAN' setting of Apex, instead of my IP but that fails connection test too.

What to do?

There are two options:

1. set passive mode in connection settings (but you probably don't want to do that)

2. forward your TCP and UDP (and TCP/TLS and UDP/DHT) ports on your new router to your PC. instructions at portforward.com or in the manual of your new router.

There are two options:

1. set passive mode in connection settings (but you probably don't want to do that)

2. forward your TCP and UDP (and TCP/TLS and UDP/DHT) ports on your new router to your PC. instructions at portforward.com or in the manual of your new router.

Just on a quick note, 1.4.0 should be much easier with the auto detect feature (using miniupnp). :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0