oldindian

uploading

7 posts in this topic

Been using this preview version since it first hit the scene and so far it is looking very good and quite stable.

I am noticing however that it will allow a user that is downloading from me to acsess myD/L folder, even though the drive that the down load folder is on has no shared files checked in the client. This may be something to check out.

Like I say though the client it's self is doing a great job and like many others I'm sure, I can't wait to see how the new OP version will work out. As I am not only an Op in our hub, I also host it from time to time and will be good to have a few more features on the Op side of things.

Keep up the good work and Congrats on the progress so far.

jt

:D

Are you uploading files that you're downloading? That could be why you think users are accessing files in your hard drive that aren't shared. All partial files (e.g. ones you're downloading) are shared. This topic could be of use.

Thanks for your kind words.

Are you uploading files that you're downloading? That could be why you think users are accessing files in your hard drive that aren't shared. All partial files (e.g. ones you're downloading) are shared. This topic could be of use.

Thanks for your kind words.

Nope, I just checked that out and the file was complete and was no longer in the d/l queue. I had just came in this morning when the upload started, and that is what really caught my eye, the fact that the file was being shared.

Thanks for the speedy reply

jt

Nope, I just checked that out and the file was complete and was no longer in the d/l queue. I had just came in this morning when the upload started, and that is what really caught my eye, the fact that the file was being shared.

Thanks for the speedy reply

jt

So have you got the option to share your files as soon as they're completed enabled? If you were already uploading as a partial source, I believe the file stays shared until he has finished it.. sort of a bug.

feaute called Finished file sharing :D it's a part of PFS, that downloaded files are being shared until the program is restarted.

feaute called Finished file sharing :D it's a part of PFS, that downloaded files are being shared until the program is restarted.

...and is a great feature. Because if somebody isn't at the computer, and they have finished downloading the file, they still share it. They don't need to be at the computer and re-share the file for others to get it off them. Helps spread files easier. :)

...and is a great feature. Because if somebody isn't at the computer, and they have finished downloading the file, they still share it. They don't need to be at the computer and re-share the file for others to get it off them. Helps spread files easier. :D

Well, yes it is a good feature, except in my case, and those of us that share live music. We tend to want to verify our shows, before we share them. We don't like to spread anyones stuff that is not quality.

So this not really a big deal, it just kind surprised me when I saw it. I do want to say thanks for the replies to the question though. Peerweb and now Apex have made the job a lot more fun.

Thanks Mucho.

jt

Oh Yeah!!.......Think Peace!