flacsterman

HELP! Your direct connect client has supplied an invalid IP address in a connection request

6 posts in this topic

Maybe someone can help me out here...I went out and purchased a Linksys E3000 (the simultaneous dual band router) last week and I have been trying to configure my computer to work with my DC++ hub and it's not working. It does, however, work with my D-Link DGL 4300 Wireless G router without ANY setting changes. The message I am getting in Apex DC++ when I try and download from anyone is "Your direct connect client has supplied an invalid IP address in a connection request (client sent (my WAN IP address), you have 192.168.1.1). This is usually a client configuration problem". People can see my file list, but I can't even connect to anyone to see theirs. Everything is literally the same except for the router. I'll run down what I have already done thus far.

-Everything is port forwarded properly. The DC Server is forwarded to 11598, my computer is forwarded to 52600

-Everything is going to the right IP address. My computer and the DC computer are both static addresses and I have changed the TCP/IP Settings in Windows to match the Linksys (changed the 192.168.0.103 to 192.168.1.103 and so on)

-I have tried turning off the firewall in the router. Windows firewall is not enabled.

-Updated to the latest firmware version

-Running the latest ApexDC++ 1.38?? (just updated it this past weekend)

-Even tried a clean install on a computer that never had DC on it before. Same thing.

-In DC, under the connections settings, the "Network Interface For All Connections is set to my computer (192.168.1.103)

-Firewall w/ manual port forwarding is checked. TCP is 52600 and UDP is 52600. TLS/TCP is 0. DHT/UDP is 6250. The port checker can see me when I click the "check connection" link

-The External/WAN IP address is set to the IP address from my ISP. I have checked this by going to the Status page on the router as well as typing in What's My IP into google just to triple check

-Outgoing connection is set to direct connection.

So where am I going wrong? I have even done crazy things like changing the Linksys' address to 192.168.0.1 and even 192.168.1.7 just to see if Apex didn't like the 1.1 address. Same thing. I even cloned the MAC address from my D-Link so that I could get the same IP address the D Link is getting from my ISP to see if THAT might be the issue. Still...same thing. Does ApexDC++ just not like Linksys Routers or something?? I just don't understand why it will work with a cheap old D-Link router but not my brand new Linksys. Also, my friend has the SAME router (E3000) with the same settings in both the router and ApexDc++ and his works just fine. Any advice on how to remedy this issue will be appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Ok so I figured out the problem...apparently with this router I cannot run the hub on one computer and ApexDC++ on another on the same internet connection...now here's the real question...why can I on my D Link but not on the Linksys E3000? Does anyone know what setting I have to enable/disable/change within the E3000 so that I can run both the hub and Apex on the same network?

Yes you can, all you have to figure out how to disable the IP-check in your hubsoft, for ptokax, check in profile-manager the IP-check, in your profile, enable it to stop the check on your IP, for aquila, give yourself the locallan right..etc. etc.

Yes you can, all you have to figure out how to disable the IP-check in your hubsoft, for ptokax, check in profile-manager the IP-check, in your profile, enable it to stop the check on your IP, for aquila, give yourself the locallan right..etc. etc.

Do you know where the possibility is to make the same at adcppd hub?

there might be the same issue with adchpp if your client supplies the wrong ip

unfortunately, none of those suggestions help me. It has to do with the Linksys router and I just don't have any idea what else I need to do. Again, I can connect to the hub and people can connect to me and download but I cannot connect to anyone else. It gives me an Invalid IP Address in a connection request. Does anyone else have an E3000 with a DC server running on it? If so, how did you get it to work?