Lee

7 million downloads, 2.0 on the way

8 posts in this topic

It's been a few weeks since our last update and we recently reached 7,000,000 program downloads measured through our download server (SourceForge). We have been continuing to support the current 1.3 version while making strides in our highly anticipated 2.0 update. Since the last time we posted about jobs, we have had web developers, programmers and graphics designers applying to the positions posted.

Crise, our lead developer, is working on 2.0 and will soon be joined by a second programmer. Steven (from smctainsh.com) is working on our new website ready for 2.0 and we have hired Kuraj who has already updated our logo and other graphics ready for our new site launch. Even the Linux port is being worked on...

Stay tuned. :)

SowlayetlyRal and vioppyspoca like this

Great. You are going to include a configuration wizard in 2.0, right? I hope it will still be possible to provide a preconfigured ApexDC++, supplied with the xml files and settings set as needed... (not that some settings get reset, such as UseDHT)

Great news :)) I'm really excited to see and test the linux version of this famous client :)

Great. You are going to include a configuration wizard in 2.0, right? I hope it will still be possible to provide a preconfigured ApexDC++, supplied with the xml files and settings set as needed... (not that some settings get reset, such as UseDHT)

We'll include the first run wizard for the new wxwidgets GUI. It probably won't make 2.0, but we'll see. Adding custom config should still be possible... it will just allow the user to select important options themselves if they want, or they can cancel.

Great news :)) I'm really excited to see and test the linux version of this famous client :)

You'll be one of the first. :)

is this one gonna be lighter version that previous versions of apexdc++, coz apexdc++ uses lots of RAM

is this one gonna be lighter version that previous versions of apexdc++, coz apexdc++ uses lots of RAM

Post your stats? How many hubs?

RAM is pretty cheap these days. :)

Post your stats? How many hubs?

RAM is pretty cheap these days. :)

-=[ ApexDC++ 1.3.6 Compiled on: 2010-09-04 ]=-

-=[ Uptime: 1 hour 37 min 46 sec ][ Cpu time: 0:06:43 ]=-

-=[ Memory usage (peak): 157,23 MiB (157,70 MiB) ]=-

-=[ Virtual memory usage (peak): 147,20 MiB (147,20 MiB) ]=-

30 hubs + win7-64bit, yeah i know but i don't think that it need to use so much ram! :)