Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
psycho

Peerweb dc++ 0.41 crash

7 posts in this topic

well, currently m using peerweb dc++ 0.41... but each time when i start, after 2-3 min it crashes... i hv also reinstalled it 4-5 times.... so wot can be the solution for tht?(except downloading the newer version...)... m attaching exception file...exceptioninfo.txt

What does peerwebDC++ have to do with ApexDC++?

well, currently m using peerweb dc++ 0.41... but each time when i start, after 2-3 min it crashes... i hv also reinstalled it 4-5 times.... so wot can be the solution for tht?(except downloading the newer version...)... m attaching exception file...exceptioninfo.txt

PWDC++ is roughy 5 years old. Time to upgrade? :)

I know this will sound like a cheap comment but bugs are fixed in newer versions, yet you ask for a solution other than upgrading to a newer version for this bug.

It is, however, highly unlikely there is such solution because while some bugs may be solved by workarounds on the users side that is true only in extremely few cases.

Of course PWDC++ doesn't even really have a newer version although ApexDC++ is pretty much continuation of PWDC. But as Lee stated above the DC client known as PWDC++ is good five years old and a lot can happen in five years. If a client that old does work for a user then that is fine but if it does not work then only real option is to look for a more up to date client such as ApexDC++ which is probably closest thing to PWDC you are going to find.

Just a question out of pure curiousity... what is it that PWDC++ has that ApexDC++ doesn't?

Edit: Mek, Peerweb DC++ has a lot to do with ApexDC: http://www.apexdc.net/history/

hey frndz... thnx for d replies...

well i hv also used latest version tht is apexdc++ 1.3.5... there r 4 hubs in my coll compus but m able to connect only one hub by latest version... whereas with peerweb m able to connect each of the 4 hubs...

so i dont know wether the problem is with the software or hub or my pc.... but peerweb is able to connect all the hubs, i asked for its solution....

I would guess it's because of the settings. For example, you have set only 1 upload slot so you can be in 1 hub only (depends on the hub if it does matter or not). Just read what the hub tells you when it does not let you in.

well, now i removed my all the sharings i.e. my sharing is now 0 B , n now there is no crash... so now can u tell me wot is the issue when i share....

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0