Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
manchester10

Downloading Public Hub Lists.....

19 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, new user here!

I have some heavy error that is depressing....

My ports are forwarded OK, when i click on help>>>about, the current version is listed.

However, it just WONT download the hub lists, it just says ''Downloading Public Hub Lists....(http://dchublist...''

Any help?

anybody? :)

Welcome. :)

What's the full hublist address? Have you tried using a different one? There are some available here.

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the help, ive been trying for like 5 hours now.

I am trying just the default ones, but the problem is that testing my connection (by going to help/about), and looking at the version, it just says ''Downloading''.

I have disabled everything (or so i think), and also, i am viewing all network activity through bitdefender and when i click refresh or something like that, i can see the connection open, but it just sits there and no transfer occurrs. ill try and get a screen shot asap of what im talking about!

Here is the screenshot. What im showing you there is that after ive clicked on either ''Help/about'' or refresh hub lists, DCPLusPlus opens a connection immediately, but instead of any data movement in or out... the connection just sits there like a lemon.

errorsp.png

Here is the screenshot. What im showing you there is that after ive clicked on either ''Help/about'' or refresh hub lists, DCPLusPlus opens a connection immediately, but instead of any data movement in or out... the connection just sits there like a lemon.

That screenshot shows you are using DC++ not ApexDC++ :)

In ApexDC++ there is a connection test setting that should show whether or not you have forwarded ports correctly.

Sorry, you are correct!

61668036.png

It still wont tell me the current version nor connect to the dam hub lists.

Any tips?

Did you follow my link above? It tells you how to setup your router correctly.

Make sure Bitdefender isn't blocking ApexDC++ as well.

Lee, everything fails and im really not sure what the problem is. My friend just showed me him connecting at his house, and it connects immediately with no ports or anything!

Any chance you could TeamView me? Im on right now, and i should be on for at least a couple more hours, that would be bril.

Just let me know if thats possible.

Thanks.

Lee, everything fails and im really not sure what the problem is. My friend just showed me him connecting at his house, and it connects immediately with no ports or anything!

Listen, if you're not going to follow any of my instructions I ain't going to help you.

Use the guide to forward ports for your router. If you don't allow ApexDC++ through your firewall/router, it won't connect.

Listen, if you're not going to follow any of my instructions I ain't going to help you.

Use the guide to forward ports for your router. If you don't allow ApexDC++ through your firewall/router, it won't connect.

Lee, im 100% that my ports are forwarded. 100%.

+ Just to add, even though i did not acknowledge your advice, i have read the user guides available, and ensured my ports are open. I really have done all i can.

Lee, im 100% that my ports are forwarded. 100%.

+ Just to add, even though i did not acknowledge your advice, i have read the user guides available, and ensured my ports are open. I really have done all i can.

What happened if you use passive mode?

Still the same, nothing with passive either.

I even rang my ISP to check if they were blocking APex but they don't.

I just dont get it, it worked once, then never again.

Have you tried disabling bitdefender and trying it again?

Also, does Apex connect to hubs/users, but just won't download the hublist and the version info?

Hi Mek,

It doesnt do anything at all, no hubs, nothing. And i have tried disabling BDefender.

Sometimes i get the error An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Would there be any chance you could TeamView me if you have time so you can see my issue for yourself? I would really appreciate that.

Thanks.

I don't use TeamViewer, just TightVNC for these purposes. Anyway, I don't know how are our timezones related :) It's now 22:57 here and I am going to sleep now. Maybe tomorrow...

I don't use TeamViewer, just TightVNC for these purposes. Anyway, I don't know how are our timezones related :) It's now 22:57 here and I am going to sleep now. Maybe tomorrow...

Hi Mek, its 22:15 here. If you could spare me 5 mins? Sorry to be so cheeky, ive been battling with ApexDC++ since friday. i can get hold of TightVNC asap.

Contact me on ICQ/Jabber/whatever (info in my forum profile).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0