Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
whitecurrant

Downloading non-shared Files

10 posts in this topic

It's really strange thing and it happened to me few times. When i'm on the hub some users are downloading files (eg. movies) which are not added to my share. I don't know how it happens. Did it happen to anyone else? I have same problem in regular dc++ client. Could someone help or just explain how coulod it happens?

It's really strange thing and it happened to me few times. When i'm on the hub some users are downloading files (eg. movies) which are not added to my share. I don't know how it happens. Did it happen to anyone else? I have same problem in regular dc++ client. Could someone help or just explain how coulod it happens?

If the user is in another hub that you're in with your share visible, he will download it. Or, if you recently hid your share but users still have you in their download queue as a source. Unforntunately, there's no way of fixing this.

If the user is in another hub that you're in with your share visible, he will download it. Or, if you recently hid your share but users still have you in their download queue as a source. Unforntunately, there's no way of fixing this.

Lee, i don't think he is using hide share, read his post...

Lee, i don't think he is using hide share, read his post...

In that case, we need more info. E.g. what folders were shared, and what folders weren't, and what files were downloaded in what folder.. etc.

are the files which are in your dowanload que. apexdc automaticly shares incomplete files. however they are not added to your file list

I'm sorry for not giving more details. This particular problem is on my LAN network where i'm running a hub. Someone is just downloading files which i have'nt ever added to share in dc++, it means that the're just in some folder on my hdd and never beed added to dc-share. It's like someone is downloading files over lan but through dc++ that's why i find that really, really strange.

I'm sorry for not giving more details. This particular problem is on my LAN network where i'm running a hub. Someone is just downloading files which i have'nt ever added to share in dc++, it means that the're just in some folder on my hdd and never beed added to dc-share. It's like someone is downloading files over lan but through dc++ that's why i find that really, really strange.
  • Is he downloading a file that you're currently downloading off somebody else?
  • Have you unchecked ALL folders in share to see whether you have a 0byte share, then readd your folders. If you have some sort of share when you uncheck your folders, you're mistakingly sharing something you don't want to.

• Is he downloading a file that you're currently downloading off somebody else?

• Have you unchecked ALL folders in share to see whether you have a 0byte share, then readd your folders. If you have some sort of share when you uncheck your folders, you're mistakingly sharing something you don't want to.

I don't think it's possible in my hub because we don't accept multisource connections in there so if i'm downloading "a" file from from mr "b" he can only download it from mr "b" because he cannot download it from me (i'm not adding files instantly to share).

I'm not hiding share and have checked only particular folders which i know i'm sharing (i've checked this couple times).

I'll test this in near couple of days. I'm still finding this really strange and maybe it''s not about DC++ at all, maybe it has something to do with my LAN.

I think i finally figure it out. Some users had in their queue, files which i moved between folders (accidently i temporary placed couple of movies in folder which was shared). I think it's the only explanation for this...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0