damnated

No search results on Win XP with firewall turned off

4 posts in this topic

I'm having some connection problems. I'm using the 1.3.1 version.

I can connect to hubs, see user lists and whatnot. Even main chat works. However, when I try to search, there are no results (and I searched for the most common things too) and when I try to get/browse a file list, there is a connection timeout. With every user on the hub..

I am on two hubs atm, one is free the other is private. I'm registered at the second one, and there's no issue with that. I connect just fine to both hubs.

I have my windows firewall turned off, and I don't have any firewalls besides that. I even set the connection to direct in connection settings in Apex. I don't have the "emulate dc++ " flag on, not that it worked with that either. Also, when I'm searching I didn't mark "Only where I'm OP", I'm not a moron.

Please advise!

Are you sure the hub which is not working for you, is set up properly for guest users? I mean, some hubs cheat their usercount by not allowing non-registered users to search and download.

Are you sure the hub which is not working for you, is set up properly for guest users? I mean, some hubs cheat their usercount by not allowing non-registered users to search and download.

I'm sorry if i've been unclear, the search doesn't work anywhere, whether I'm registered or not.

Most probably you don't have a public IP address on your network interface you are using in Apex. It should work in passive mode, however, if you want to be active, you will need to forward your ports (or ask your provider to do that if you don't have access to the router).