johan204

background settings

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I want to make a theme for the hub i am running.

I already recommended ApexDC for our members.

I was wonderig. There is a backgroundcolor declaration, but is it possible to implement a background image?

And if so... howwwwwwww??? ;)

Thank you in advance...

Johan

Thanks for your answer.

Is that a feature for upcoming versions? ;) Or is it something that will not be in it for a longer time?

Thanks for your answer.

Is that a feature for upcoming versions? :D Or is it something that will not be in it for a longer time?

I haven't considered it at all to be completely honest with you. It might be a nice feature addition though.

Maybe for next bigger version (ie. 1.4 or 2.0 which ever we decide it will be), but it won't be in for any of the smaller (ie. 1.3.x) versions.

As I know, background images aren't easily supported in richedits.

You can add support for them :D (That's what I was considering)

Yes and how? We were trying to add background image into Miranda's message log and without success. It has no background image feature and it also ignores any drawing events.

Yes and how? We were trying to add background image into Miranda's message log and without success. It has no background image feature and it also ignores any drawing events.

There is a way, well to be more precise the background image is not applied to the richedit but rather what's behind it (ie. the window or another control that supports painting events) then the edit control's opacity is adjusted somehow I assume.

I have not tested this theory, as of yet, but it could be doable.

Edit: Quick Google search came up with this: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/edit/SemiRichEdit.aspx