Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bartoon

Disappeared "Update IP on startup"

36 posts in this topic

I have the same problem, here is nothing more to add. I read the entire topic and I hope the update IP on startup will appear again, maybe like a switch between the old "update IP on startup" and "Update IP on DHT firewall"??

Now the only way to update IP is to enter it manually every time I restart my computer (and a new IP is allocated). This is a big step back.

I have the same problem, here is nothing more to add. I read the entire topic and I hope the update IP on startup will appear again, maybe like a switch between the old "update IP on startup" and "Update IP on DHT firewall"??

Now the only way to update IP is to enter it manually every time I restart my computer (and a new IP is allocated). This is a big step back.

If you read the entire topic, you'd be saying the only alternative way is to use dyndns.

It's not that we don't understand... the behaviour of that checkbox will be changed slightly with next version to address these issues (ie. the old behavior of "Update IP on startup" will be merged to the "Update IP on DHT firewall check").

Tnak you. And for the 1.3.1 version too.

Also, if you would use ADC or NMDC with UserIP2 then your IP would be updated correctly on hub join. The problem is that many NMDC hubs violate NMDC procotol - they report UserIP2 support, but don't send user's IP at all (especially when such option is disabled).

BigMuscle: It is possible for me to have more then one IP on different hubs in the same time ? If not, then I think it is enough a single hub that sends my IP to my client and you can use that IP for all the hubs that I join... isn't it ?

You can have different IP in different (favorite) hubs. But setting IP (received from one hub) for all hubs (where default settings is used) is a good idea. However, DHT does exactly the same thing.

Add another complaint to the list... I really need that option back... DHT doesn't work on all hubs. And if you need that space so much why not put it in advanced - there's plenty of space there. Hope you reconsider this move. Thank you!

DHT can't work on all hubs, because it has nothing to do with the hubs. It's like you say "Hub A doesn't work in all hubs" (a little bit illogical claim).

What DHT does is taking your external IP from the network every hour and putting it into global IP settings in your client.

I'm sorry, but more solutions to missing "IP update checkbox" have already been given and nobody is able to respect it and still only "I want this option back". I feel I am among dumbs.

DHT can't work on all hubs, because it has nothing to do with the hubs. It's like you say "Hub A doesn't work in all hubs" (a little bit illogical claim).

What DHT does is taking your external IP from the network every hour and putting it into global IP settings in your client.

I'm sorry, but more solutions to missing "IP update checkbox" have already been given and nobody is able to respect it and still only "I want this option back". I feel I am among dumbs.

Be careful what language you are using "Bull" Muscle ("I feel I am among dumbs."). Some people even need the option "Update IP on startup"...

Now for Crise and/or Lee:

When will put once option "Update IP on startup" back in ApexDC? Expect a reply ... Thank you in advance

Nobody needs "Update IP on startup" option if they follow already mentioned steps. How many times does it need to be said?

Be careful what language you are using "Bull" Muscle ("I feel I am among dumbs."). Some people even need the option "Update IP on startup"...

Now for Crise and/or Lee:

When will put once option "Update IP on startup" back in ApexDC? Expect a reply ... Thank you in advance

You're getting irratating CatK. You can't say be "careful" and hit us right back with a post like that... show some respect.

Without Big Muscle, there would be no ApexDC++. Without Crise, there would be no ApexDC++.

With no ApexDC++, you wouldn't be here.

As stated previously, this feature will be readded with a little tweak. Be patient, everybody else is. :)

Nobody needs "Update IP on startup" option if they follow already mentioned steps. How many times does it need to be said?

I'm with this guy.

Why is it even necessary to specify your IP in settings?

I've got dynamic IP and I always keep the box empty. No hub software complain and I can down- and upload without problems. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0